Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dobbs Twenty today...
DSC02392.jpg DSC02396.jpg DSC02398.jpg

Good morning, mine Fruno! It's a dark, match-to-the-felt brown. The moire pattern is even more distracting on a larger screen. Your D'Aquino rocks!!

MadDawg

Familiar Face
I have a questioned fueled by my analytical personality.... How are you guys establishing dates for your vintage hats? What is it that tells you it is "early 50's, 60's.. Etc"? I have an aged Adams, but can't seem to find any date information on it. In fact, even my newer hats that were purchased by me are lacking any sort of date stamp.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

40Cal

One Too Many
I have a questioned fueled by my analytical personality.... How are you guys establishing dates for your vintage hats? What is it that tells you it is "early 50's, 60's.. Etc"? I have an aged Adams, but can't seem to find any date information on it. In fact, even my newer hats that were purchased by me are lacking any sort of date stamp.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Dating hats to the exact year can be difficult for sure, but there are clues that can get you in the ball park at least. There's a thread on this site just for Adam hats. It's a great resource . I don't have anywhere near the hat knowledge that many of the folks on this forum have ,but I do have several Adam hats. Post a picture of the outside and inside and I'm sure you will get lots of replies.
Here's a place to start. Liner logos are a great way to date the Adam.
http://www.thehatmovement.co.uk/Adam/AdamLiners/Site/Adam Liners.html

Here's a link to the Adam hat thread:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/forums/threads/adam-alley.18380/

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Panadora – Beautiful hat. Nice ribbon-felt color combination.

So that’s a new Strat. It looks awesome, Historyteach.

Strapped – Beautiful Resistol.

Esther - Darn right Western (US) of you. I like that coffee color.

Cool hat, Trench. Haven’t seen one of those recently.

David – Is that a mint green color? Sharp.

Fruno – Love those colors.

HatsRme – That’s a special hat. Very nice.

Knotten – Beautiful hat… SNOW!!! Yikes.

Chamuco – That’s a beautiful straw hat. Love it.

Hato – Beautiful hat AND tie. It’s a Tilden? Vintage?

For me, my no-name (I think it’s a 50’s Dobbs or Knox 20).

Doz3g.jpeg 8Wj74.jpeg

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Dating hats to the exact year can be difficult for sure, but there are clues that can get you in the ball park at least. There's a thread on this site just for Adam hats. It's a great resource . I don't have anywhere near the hat knowledge that many of the folks on this forum have ,but I do have several Adam hats. Post a picture of the outside and inside and I'm sure you will get lots of replies.
Here's a place to start. Liner logos are a great way to date the Adam.

You can also check older advertisements and newspapers if you have a price and a model.

Miamibruno

One Too Many
A fine day for my lightest felt hat!

Borsalino Pocket Hat

I know where that store is (or used to be). Lived in Florence for 3 years.

Do you have a date on that hat, Alan? The red tag I understand is later (40's). I have a similar one, but with a different sweat band. That one looks amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner