Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey folks!
This P. & C. Habig Vienna "Zefir-Zefir" dated 1959 (how considerate of those nice Austrians to date their hats for us!:)) rides up top on a damp grey day.

4cab0dfe69af7c97294d11f2a9eaf39a.jpg
5a13a74502cce9a3e40b3a7e645c50f5.jpg
e3e9ac4dc2d533fa5cb766f7bf3b12b0.jpg

It's near stingy brim (2 1/8") should fit under the umbrella if need should arise. Or fall...
Have a great day!

Powered by happy thoughts

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful conversion! Did you extend the crown at all?
Thanks AZ. Come to think of it, I never measured the original open crown height before I converted it. I reblocked it on a fairly straight sided 5 3/4 block. It's a nice taller crown height for a fedora. As creased, it's 4 3/4 at the pinch with a rake sloping to 4 1/4 at the back. Also as creased, the crown is just barely under 5 inches at the highest points. So, it's fairly tall.

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
Thanks AZ. Come to think of it, I never measured the original open crown height before I converted it. I reblocked it on a fairly straight sided 5 3/4 block. It's a nice taller crown height for a fedora. As creased, it's 4 3/4 at the pinch with a rake sloping to 4 1/4 at the back. Also as creased, the crown is just barely under 5 inches at the highest points. So, it's fairly tall.

You definitely rock the tall crown in a way that makes me envious, good sir... I typically don't crease my lids higher than 4"

KarlCrow

One Too Many
it got up to about 80 yesterday somewhere slightly south of here, which is a record for late May, and today we woke up to an unforcasted third day of blue skys, not even a mist over dublin bay for the sun to burn away, presumably the atlantic or the north sea farted overnight, as they do, looking more moody or blue than I feel in a blue borsalino.
WP_20170526_10_00_50_Pro (2).jpg
WP_20170526_10_00_35_Pro (2).jpg
WP_20170526_10_01_05_Pro (2).jpg
straw hat time now, must be 70 already at a little past 10am.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Visiting family this weekend... temps there should run around 75 or so. Probably take a Cuenca straw, the VS Silvermist (a little Red, White and Blue for the holiday!), and my grab-n-go Everyman in granite from Penman Hats.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
And a river runs through it. Scorcher today, 31°C (88°F) in the shade & only one way to cool off. :)

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world’s great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

I am haunted by waters.

Great pictures and a wonderful hat. Tell us some details about your hat. What part of the world are you from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner