Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty M.

Vendor
Pin head!!!!!

feltfan said:
Marty M. said:
This is a Worth & Worth "Treviso" hat made in Columbia. I bought it new in 1988. This is actually the first time that I've ever worn it. It's a very soft felt. If anyone knows more about this hat I'd love to know. Thanks.
Marty Mathis

P1010200-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks a bit too big for you, Marty. ;)

Naw, I'll just stuff it with tissue (No man should ever utter that word. Sorry).

[indycop] [Marty, Great hat!!! you really need to get that website up!!]

I know. I've only been planning it for fourteen years :eusa_doh: . Actually, it's in the process now. Thanks.
Marty

Marty M.

Vendor
I grew up.

J.T.Marcus said:
Marty, Why did it take you 19 years to get around to wearing such a fantastic hat?

fatwoul said:
[Forgive me if I have misunderstood, Marty, but do you mean that you bought this hat almost twenty years ago, and waited until yesterday to wear it?
How can that be?!]
I know, I know. I'm not deserving of such a fine mens hat. The hat God's will punish me. The truth is, I don't know why I haven't worn it. I'm fairly new to wearing and selling hats. I always thought that the brim was too big for my mug.
But after reading the posts and looking at pictures of all of the great hat wearers of this Lounge, I came to realize that "it's not the hat that determine's whether it looks good on the wearer. Rather it's the wearer that determines if the hat looks good on them".
It's all about personal style and attitude.
So after almost twenty years of looking at that hat, I looked at it the other day and thought "why the (blank) isn't that hat on my head"? Changing one's own attitude can be a wonderful thang. Thanks.
Marty Mathis

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Marty M. said:
But after reading the posts and looking at pictures of all of the great hat wearers of this Lounge, I came to realize that "it's not the hat that determine's whether it looks good on the wearer. Rather it's the wearer that determines if the hat looks good on them".
It's all about personal style and attitude.
So after almost twenty years of looking at that hat, I looked at it the other day and thought "why the (blank) isn't that hat on my head"? Changing one's own attitude can be a wonderful thang. Thanks.
Marty Mathis
lol :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Steven, I was wondering if you were near the St. Louis area and if you had bought that hat locally, then I found this post! May I ask how much it was? Looks fab on you. I don't recall seeing this one when we visited Levine's.
Nikki

EvenOdd said:
I stopped by Levine's Hat Company yesterday while I was in St. Louis and picked up my first hat. Ye olde standard Stetson Temple in grey. Not vintage, but it's a good starter hat.

2007-10-31_1.jpg

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you gentlemen, It is a really nice hat in perfect condition. I wear a
7-1/4 however this is a 7-1/8. I am still bewildered by the inconsistancy of the sizing as this fits me fine.

Marty M.

Vendor
The Master.

DSCN6739.jpg
[/QUOTE]

My pal Douglas makes every hat he wears looks like it's part of him. Douglas, you are the simply the best at this.
Marty Mathis

The Average Joe

New in Town
Today I had a memorial to attend and being that the weather was brisk and rain was expected I decided to dust off of my 2 fedoras I bought back in the 80's.
I decided on the first fedora I ever bought back in about 1984 from a now defunked and long gone P&S Sales. It's a 100% wool felt "Raider" that was the company's version of Indiana Jones'. Not bad for $29.95 back in the day.

Copyoffedoraloungejoe4.jpg

(Forgive this picture. I had a rough day at work and had this picture taken after I got home)

I did the crown work when I was between 16 and 18.
As compared to some of the hats I've seen on this forum, I've got alot of upgrading to do.

Has anyone ever done any business with The Miller Hat Company...
http://www.millerhats.com/dresshats_index/index.html

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Average Joe, If you had not told us it was wool, I dare say 9 out of 10 of us would not have known! Your example serves to point out two realities. (1) We all have prejudices, and most of us around here are more than mildly prejudiced against wool hats. And (2) there are some admirably nice wool hats (both old and new). You, sir are your own man, and my hat's off to you. Nice hat, by the way. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner