Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ken100

Familiar Face
What I wore today

This turned up this morning, never worn royal stetson, whippit, made under licence in Australia, when Im not sure. Brown with a three colour stripe ribbon.
IMG_4631.jpg

RBH

Bartender
TopGumby said:
No pics, darnit, but this evening my wife suggested a walk after dinner for our family. I grabbed my Akubra Stylemaster, the nine year old boy put on his Stetson Open Road, and the six year old boy put on his grandfather's Stetson wool driving cap.
Now that would have been a photo worth taking!!!

Nice look Ken!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Stetson 3X (Vogue style)

In keeping with NB-13's "any day is a special occasion" credo, here is today's selection:

3XVogue-1.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, Jim. Special day, special hat. Now that's a wide binding. Nice!

Nice looking Stetson, Akubra Man, and a thin ribbon to boot.

just_me

Practically Family
Hey guys. It's a little cool here in Florida today, so I pulled out my father's navy blue velour fedora (I recently sold some of the others on ebay). No picture. Lots of compliments when I got to work. Wearing it with jeans and a sweater.

Mr. Paladin

Jimmy, that is a great hat and I love that extra wide binding! Binding makes a hat for me and that one is pure class.

Jaunty, sharp as usual...but that Campdraft.........

Ken, great style all around. you are decked out in style.

Craig Robertson

One of the Regulars
I don't often reply to this thread, although I read it. But today I'm wearing my longhair Stetson Clear Nutria in black. I only had my cellphone camera....

nutria.jpg

Garrett

Nice lids everyone, espcially JTL and Craig. Lovin' that black Stetson :eusa_clap

metropd

One Too Many
Craig Robertson said:
I don't often reply to this thread, although I read it. But today I'm wearing my longhair Stetson Clear Nutria in black. I only had my cellphone camera....

nutria.jpg

That is a gorgeous fedora. You look great in it.:eusa_clap

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, BobC, Mr. P and Garrett!

RBH said:
Thank you Jim, how do you have the back of the brim on this one? Up or down...?
And... what do you think of the wide bound edge?

The brim on this one is up in the back.

As far as the wide bound edge goes -- it is pretty wide at 3/4". This is, without a doubt, my most formal fedora. At least, that's how I tend to think of it. That's why I chose it to put NB-13's attitude to the test! When I stopped at the supermarket on the way home from work yesterday, I certainly felt a bit overdressed! But, then again, that was the whole point of saying "What the heck" and wearing it anyway! :)

But to get back to your question, Rusty... I am glad to have at least one vintage fedora with this kind of wide binding. It's probably not my cup of tea for everyday wear, but it's nice to have one lid that has this kind of feel to it when the mood strikes. It's funny, but the image I most often associate with this kind of wide binding is this one:

howard_hughes_1947.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

RBH

Bartender
jimmy the lid said:

But to get back to your question, Rusty... I am glad to have at least one vintage fedora with this kind of wide binding. It's probably not my cup of tea for everyday wear, but it's nice to have one lid that has this kind of feel to it when the mood strikes. It's funny, but the image I most often associate with this kind of wide binding is this one:

howard_hughes_1947.jpg

Cheers,
JtL
My friend that is the self same hat I had in mind when I saw your photo.
I believe that is his 'lucky' fedora.
Thanks!

MattJH

One Too Many
My 7 5/8 Herbert Johnson made for Brooks Brothers. Model unknown. It's a brown with a tinge of red. One of my favorites.

hj-front.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner