Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, gents.

Gene -- you beat me to it, buddy. I was figuring on posting one of my Gun Clubs later this week! :) I like the one you've posted -- and that photo makes me want to kick back on that porch and shoot the breeze for a spell. ;)

Carter -- very cool that you have the old Gun Clubs. That moniker has been around for a while, and it's neat that you can date yours to 1939. I think I may have a Gun Club ad from that period around here somewhere -- I'll see if I can dig it up.

Cheers,
JtL

Raining again in the Sunny South...

I went to the Silver Belly Camp Draft today with my London Fog rain coat...
cdsb2.jpg

cdsbrain.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
okay, gents-WOW

I'm getting (almost) worn out looking at all the wonderful HATS here- and reading posts learning about all the hats. I can't hardly keep up with all of it and I've only been here what, a week?

Now that the weather is turning warmer for Spring here, I better start swimmin' more at the Y so I'm in better shape for this...

Cuz' soon the straws will start to come, making their appearances for the warm seasons. And the Panamas, oooh... I'm sure many women have fallen for a dapper man in a dashing Panama. And THEN I find out there are Stetson Gun Clubs? Oh, no... you're killin' me!;)

Terrific hats Gene, Carter, Douglas, Dean48, HandlebarB, Jimmy, et al.

Too much fun, and do you the gents on FL know how to pose for a pic in a hat or WHAT?

Have a great day guys...

Goose.

Practically Family
chanteuseCarey said:
...And THEN I find out there are Stetson Gun Clubs? Oh, no... you're killin' me!;)
Yep...these gentlemen are killing me too. It all started with me doing a Google about my old Sydney and how to fix up my Brent Black Panamas...kept bringing up "thefedoralounge". Since landing here, I have picked up another Sydney, then a Hampton, Homburg, Casual, Capricorn, Federation IV Deluxe, and have another FED IV D, a Capricorn, and a CEO on order. Next will be a Bogart...and now, thinking of a Stetson Gun Club if I have any lunch money left.

BTW, "welcome and hello" to you in San Jose from me in the East Bay :)

HarpPlayerGene said:
Stetson Gun Club for me today:
HPG...

That picture of you on the porch ranks as one of the greatest pics I've seen here. To me, it reflects what hat wearing is all about, being comfortable in body and with what you are wearing on your head. Thanks for posting the pic. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Someone posted a link for Cabela's version of the Gun Club. Regret that I don't recall who it was...but "thanks". I'm going to do some more looking around to see what they are all about. But I'm interested in one.

Unfortunately, the one at Cabela's is made one size too short for me :(
http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0036548951128a.shtml

Torpedo

One Too Many
Carey, that one is sweet! Please keep them coming.;)

All of you gentlemen are sporting great lids too!

For me, today it was another borderline-stingy hat, a 2'' brim Dobbs Twenty. I had a spontaneous intervention: little Laura, showing off a headress of her own, too... :D

DSC_0354.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Goose - Thanks man! It's just that sort of encouragement that makes guys like you and I keep buying these hats!... :D

Michael - You're looking pretty relaxed and stylish yourself there pal.

Torpedo - That's funny, I am just about to post my Dobbs Twenty 2" brim that I'm wearing today.

Carter - Man of a thousand hats -- AND faces! Lookin' good.

billyspew

One Too Many
Gene - Looking cool (always nice to see another smoker on here as well).
RBH - That looks like a great summer hat - is it a 3" brim?
1OldGI - Not sure about the hat band but loving the 'tache!
Torpedo - Great look with the bow tie
Michaelshane - Nice hat love the colour - what is it?

Everyone else looking fab too. :eusa_clap

No photo to post - not happy with the way the iPhone distorts everything :(

Bill

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Well, since Gene put out an APB on all Stetson Gun Clubs, here's my lid today -- a Cedar Creek model purchased from Bencraft Hats a few years back...

CedarCreek1.jpg

Judging from the apparition appearing over my left shoulder, it seems that the Bureau may have been infiltrated by The Shadow...:eek: :D

Cheers,
JtL

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
ditto what Goose said here HPGene,

Yeah, this is a knockout picture!

HPG...

That picture of you on the porch ranks as one of the greatest pics I've seen here. To me, it reflects what hat wearing is all about, being comfortable in body and with what you are wearing on your head. Thanks for posting the pic. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
the hat today-rabbit fur 40's

Wore this to Ladies' Bible Study and then to run a couple of errands. Luckily, no one badmouthed me for wearing real fur!

Vintage white rabbit fur hat found at the Vintage Fashion Expo in SF on Saturday. 14-1/2yo dd picked this hat out for herself actually, so she said I should write y'all that she LET me wear it...

The vintage 40's print rayon dress came from the same show different dealer, bought on Sunday. I couldn't get to see as much as I wanted on Sat., so I went back again the next day sans DH and the children.
359518270.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Gorgeous JtL..

Love the shadow behind ya...

jimmy the lid said:
Well, since Gene put out an APB on all Stetson Gun Clubs, here's my lid today -- a Cedar Creek model purchased from Bencraft Hats a few years back...

CedarCreek1.jpg

Judging from the apparition appearing over my left shoulder, it seems that the Bureau may have been infiltrated by The Shadow...:eek: :D

Cheers,
JtL

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Torpedo, great hat and tie

Love this picture of you with your little princess...

QUOTE=Torpedo]Carey, that one is sweet! Please keep them coming.;)

All of you gentlemen are sporting great lids too!

For me, today it was another borderline-stingy hat, a 2'' brim Dobbs Twenty. I had a spontaneous intervention: little Laura, showing off a headress of her own, too... :D

DSC_0354.jpg
[/QUOTE]

1OldGI

Familiar Face
Thanks Billy,
The stache is an ongoing project, unfortunately I no longer have enough head hair to worry about so I figured I'd style my soup strainer instead lol
The hat is my around the house and weekend beater. I'll pull out my good work Panama tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo