Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Bartender
My Miller milan...

today017k.jpg

Yohanes

One of the Regulars
Jackeroo

I was not really encouraged to wear wide brimmed hats - but my last trip has shown that such hat is truly handy. It was a hot day, wearing an Australian Outback collection fur felt, but although it's felt, it's better wearing a hat than being scorched by sun! The hat is Jackeroo with "e" - so Akubra it ain't lol

Am I being eaten by my hat?

DSC00655.jpg

LS_balconynew-1.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Nice Pictures

Yohanes, You are not being eaten by your hat. That's a good look on you.
What's happening in the background of the picture taken from above the parking area? Motorcycle Rally?

JauntyOne, More great pictures.
Ordinary Guy, Nice Bailey. Who do you remind me of?
Torpedo, That's a terrific Marathon! Swell pictures as well!
Alan C, That Schoble is simply striking!
Jimmy, I like that Stetson. We so seldom see the string of the wind trolley used sans ribbon.
Rusty, Your Miller milan with a slightly wider brim and in natural looks very sharp.

Yohanes

One of the Regulars
Oh, it's taken from a very old building located actually at the centre of Semarang, capital city of Central Java province, Indonesia. It's a superb antique building that I've visited twice so far, the first visit - I posted a thread sometimes ago called House of 1000 Doors :) So it's actually town square you see at the background :) It was taken approx. at noon - so this Jackeroo surely did its job well! I'd sure wear this more on my outdoor activities :)

Edward

Bartender
Today, as every day for the past week and a bit, and until 18th May, I am wearing my Safari-ised Akubra Riverina. I'm in China again - teaching last week, and on holiday in Beijing now, and this is the best compromise hat for all weather conditions one might face here. Had I access to my full collection, I'd probably be wearing a Panama during the day at present, but I could only find the room to bring one hat with me, and Panamas don't last so well in the rain.

RBH

Bartender
Thanks everyone!
AlanC said:
Sharp. What model is that?
Great hearing from you Alan! Thanks, this is the 073 Miller milan teardrop in cocoa. I had them put a 'LBJ' ribbon on it in place of the wider one.
On the natural and brown colored ones the ribbon is like the ones on Open Roads, but on my pearl grey it is more like a thin western type ribbon.
I also raised the front pinch just a bit.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Yohanes said:
I was not really encouraged to wear wide brimmed hats - but my last trip has shown that such hat is truly handy. It was a hot day, wearing an Australian Outback collection fur felt, but although it's felt, it's better wearing a hat than being scorched by sun! The hat is Jackeroo with "e" - so Akubra it ain't lol

Am I being eaten by my hat?

Absolutely not! As a person of asian descent myself, I can say that I think wider brims are better with our features. But that's just my opinion.

nice combo

Torpedo said:
Today we went to Barcelona zoo - I took my brown Penney's Marathon, and a camera too... Maybe some sightseeing pics will be a good idea, for a change.

This is the Arch of Triumph, which is nearby. It was built at the time of the World Fair, in 1888, where it acted as the Main Gate. ...

That's a simple and great look you got there!

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What a great weekend of hats from everyone! J-1, Torpedo, daiwazaguy, and Yohanes; those are great location shots and the hats are all super.

IC, V-man, and Handlebar; your customs are superb.

All you straw and "plasticohato" guys (Goose, you crack me up!!!!) are looking cool and cruisin' into spring with style.

Keep 'em coming!

Boodles

A-List Customer
Sorry Mr Finch, I missed your question from 4/30

Sorry, way off topic.
I am indeed a fan of Mr Ruark. His writing caught my attention long ago. I think I ended up collecting all of his work (Books, that I am aware of). I like the African work, of course, but also the writing of his boyhood, like the Old Man and the Boy. The respect he had as an adult for the education he got from his grandfather is lesson in child rearing. Although way different than my own upbringing I did get some of the same lessons from my own grandfathers back in the 50's in the country around Charlotte.

Even the sort of goofy name Boodles--often mistaken for some cutsie nickname--which I hide behind in my avatar, comes from Ruark's NY Times columns where he is going on and on about gin. Although a Gordon's fan himself some of his friends in East Africa were fans of Boodles (As well as other brands). Ruark would occasionally list the stores he took with him on hunting trips (He was reluctant to use the term safari saving that for descriptions of the "old" days in Africa), which always included many cases of Gordons and many many cartons of Chesterfields.

By the way I have a number of paperbacks of some of his books which I will gladly loan or give to those people interested in reading them.

Atticus Finch said:
Boodles, this is off-topic, but I just noticed your tag line. Are you a Robert Ruark fan, also?

Harry_and_Ruarkfine_waterbuck-1.jpg

AF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran