Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your biggest vice?

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
alphy27 said:
I can't imagine any harm coming from gum. You must live in a pretty severe place were they consider GUM a vice.lol lol lol Unless it's Bourbon flavored or something.

lol none of the professors at the university like students who chew gum during class when we have discussions and such...and my dentist...:p

Caroline

One of the Regulars
Right now I'd have to say my biggest vice is recreational wine shopping. I didn't drink wine at all a few years ago, so now I feel I need to educate myself, which is proving expensive! I shop wine like other women shop for clothes - whenever I have a sec and some cash burning a hole in my pocket. A bottle here, a bottle there...I never buy a more than I can carry at least!

and yet, there is still no wine in the house for long!

dnjan

One Too Many
Caroline said:
Right now I'd have to say my biggest vice is recreational wine shopping. I didn't drink wine at all a few years ago, so now I feel I need to educate myself, which is proving expensive! I shop wine like other women shop for clothes - whenever I have a sec and some cash burning a hole in my pocket. A bottle here, a bottle there...I never buy a more than I can carry at least!

and yet, there is still no wine in the house for long!
If I were single, I would say that I had found a new love ...

(my vice is recreational wine drinking!)

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
Whisky, port and good red wine.

And the last week: Avocados! I've eaten 1-2 each day. I wonder if this vice isn't going to make me really fat in the long run.

Harley Quinn

One of the Regulars
Biggest vice...

Shopping. I am the world's worst person to take shopping. Like the shoes? Buy the shoes. In fact get two pairs... just in case you damage a pair... Like the dress? Cool. Get it... you don't want to because you yoyo in size, get your top size and bottom size in the style... you don't want to slim out of it now, do you?

I'm banned from lingerie shopping since I got married... the 'fashion show' being, shall we say, a temptation too far to place in the way of any man... who is, as any woman will tell you, a weak and silly creature... it was also the thing that attracted the present Mrs Quinn to me... I wasn't only interested... I had taste, too!:D

Sunny

One Too Many
Helen Troy said:
And the last week: Avocados! I've eaten 1-2 each day. I wonder if this vice isn't going to make me really fat in the long run.
Avocados! OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Extraordinary beautiful and very high shoes.

A bubblebath with dimmed lights, a glass of Asti and some mellow jazz playing. I am so sad that I don't have a bathtub in my apartment so this only happens when I travel and stay at a hotel.

Foie gras and black truffel sauce.

59Lark

Practically Family
my biggest vice is talking.

bad for talking too much,
gallons of java at my favourite retro diner, i could sit down at breakfast and they would keep bringing coffe, record there is twelve cups. coke cola only in small glass bottles, my grocer brings it in for me.. seven year old cheddar cheese, nippy please. time warping in my studebaker with period music, remember the scene in christine when they are cruising in the 57 plymouth and time goes backward, dont worry i dont chase and run punks down with the lark. yes we all need help but dont ask the sheep for advice. lark59.

freebird

Practically Family
I suppose I've led a fairly clean life. I used to down 4-5 diet pepsi's at work, starting as soon as I got there at 6:00am and ending when I left at 4:00pm., but I no longer drink that much and I never missed it. Luckily I'm not an addictive personality, I've controlled my pain meds (lortab) so that I'm not addicted, and I can't say my pipe smoking is a vice, only smoke one to two bowls every 3 to 6 months. So I guess it's my razor, shaving mirror, shaving mugs and soap, cream and after shave's.

64tonya

One of the Regulars
The Elephant in the Room...

Would it be a terrible faux pais to state the obvious? I'm hooked on vintage! I can't stop, I mean I have to admit I have a problem. Well, if I had unlimited money and closet space I guess it wouldn't be a problem...no, no, I have a problem...Damn all those e-bay enablers!

jawisher

Familiar Face
I have plenty of vices, but my least favorite is my over-indulgence of food. I think at least half of my food intake is just sort of mindless passing of time. It's really pretty useless as vices go: not all that interesting, it doesn't lend itself to entertaining anecdotes, and I don't even have that many fascinating memories of the times I've overeaten.

Now alcohol... That's a respectible vice to have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner