Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite red lipstick brand/shade?

Blondie

Practically Family
Emmababy said:
surely you don't need another red, Blondie :p

I have recently required Nars Shanghai Express and MAC Glam but haven't tried either because I have been ill with three different ailments for 2 entire weeks running

Yes Emmababy i NEED more red lipsticks !
I think one day i will open a museum or write a book about the perfect red
lipstick !
I just bought Rimmel Underground Loud Mouth in "Kiss of Death", it comes in a little pot, it is so pigment dense and feels really nice wearing it and well, the truth is, i am also a sucker for names of the shades of lipsticks , ( oh i bought not one but three of them, just in case its ever discontinued, i'm crazy i know lol
I am going to Sephora next week to get the Nars Fire Down Below .......

Blondie

Practically Family
Pina Bridgette said:
Grnidwitch: Russet Moon (chanel) is a staple for me. I feel very mexican revolutionary in it. I don't know why but I always associate some mood/personality to each red. I would wear it every day but it is so drying to my lips.

Blondie: I am not doing it justice (I think it is richer looking) but here is the best picture I could get of Fire Down Below (nars). Supposedly, they spent 2 years trying to get the perfect blood red and I have also heard it is a match for the red lip used in star wars for queen amidala. I would definitely recommend this color.

firedownbelow.jpg

I am so embarrased because I just bought a new red yesterday. At least it is my only make-up extravagance. If I can get some good pics of them I promise to share.

enjoy!
P.
Thank you Pina ! I am off to Sephora next week to buy it, looks like a FANTASTIC red !!!!!! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh :eusa_clap

LucilleKing

New in Town
I've been wearing MAC Dubonnet and Classic Dame lately with their Burgundy and Cherry lipliner. I love them thus far, but I'm starting my red collection and I have a long way to go!!

Dracca

One of the Regulars
I just bought the MAC Mateen Classic Dame lipcolor last week. It's a beautiful red but so, so, so drying to the lips!

perfectredlips

New in Town
I have a few...
Clinique Amber Glass (for everyday red)
Besame Red
Graftobian Dorothy

I have pigmented lips and lots of reds turn bright pink on me...these dont and I love them!

glamour-girl

One of the Regulars
i love red lipstick, problem is i'm so pale, i can't really find a good daytime red (i'v been using revlon's volcanic for ages...) all the reds i try look too stark on me. any suggestions ???

Miss Brill

One Too Many
I entered Allure's month-long giveaways & the stuff I won is starting to trickle in. In today's mail I got a tube of NYC lipstick in Retro Red & the color is very pretty. It looks a lot like Jordana's Radiant Red, but not quite as bright. I had planned on buying the Retro Red, but kept forgetting.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MAC Sateen

I also just bought it, I got "You Say Tomato" (how can I resist the song title?), and i don't find it drying at all! In fact, I would like it to be a bit dryer! So it probably depends on your skin type. I am the oily-est (even pushing 50).
It is a BRIGHT orange red, very good for 20s and 30s, and I plan to hit the Classic Dame next spree. But Ruby Woo still claims first place in my heart.

Lilredrooster

Familiar Face
i really like...

Im new to this sight (this is my first post) and after reading what every one said about there fav. Color as well some pictures I decided to go for it, and get a red lipstick. first let me say I NEVER where lipstick, I have always done up my eyes more and just put on some gloss but today I wanted to try something different, I went to the store and got the new 18 hour by Loreal, it comes in a really cute small square pack (the lipstick and primer does not come out of it, it stays attached, so you cant lose it) and it has a mirrored finish. I got the terra cotta color (ok it's not bright red but im a natural red head so i did not want to go to bright, baby steps) but it's a great color! And I got tons of complements on it and it really does last all day.

Antje

One Too Many
I love red lipstick and almost wear it every day,
my favorite collor is karmin red from yves rocher, thats a nature cosmetic brand, but now they're not selling this collor anymore:mad: :mad: :mad:

so i have to try new ones and search for a new brand

Antje

Ada Veen

Practically Family
Red lipstick doesn't really suit me, and I tried the body shop lip stain that gluegungeisha recommended and liked it loads, so thanks, gluegungeisha!

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
~*Red*~ said:
ooh, I went to the MAC counter today and they ahd them.. the lady was so funny too because I asked for the new Mattene lipsticks and she said, "They just came out today, how did you know?" hee hee hee!!!lol

Back to the Mattene's... they feel real nice and look good. I just didn't find my perfect color.

Has anyone else tried the Mattene lipsticks and what's the verdict? I'm thinking of getting either You Say Tomato or Classic Dame.

retromom147

One of the Regulars
My favorite Reds

If you have red or auburn hair like me it's really hard finding a good color. Stay away from orange reds. I learned that the hard waylol
I like the new L'Oreal superstay in #300 Crimson. That's that little silver box with color on one side and gloss on the other. Just remember to let the color dry thoroughly before touching your lips together of applying the gloss or it'll flake or get grimy:( .
For a creamier lipstick that feels and looks old-fashioned I use Revlon's Renewist #200 Red Reinvented and it has SPF and moisturizer's so it feels sexy and fantastic.
When I was working I used Revlon ColorStay #345 Red Velvet. It was just modest enough to work in and pretty enough to bring attention...a bit dry though.
Hope this helps someone save some money or find great color...I spent nearly $50 before finding all my makeup colors.:p

MarieAnne

Practically Family
My red's include:
Poppie by JANE -> This is my fave and it's discontinued. It's the one in my avatar.

Diva Red, Rich Moisture Lipstick by Rimmel -> The closest I've found to JANE's Poppie.

British Red, Colour Riche by L'Oreal -> A cool bright red, like a firetruck, really pops.

Maximum Red, Incredifull Lipcolor by Cover Girl -> A modest, barely red with pink and coral undertones. I find this one very bright, almost too much like bubble gum.

Fatal Red, by Prestige -> It's a very warm red with rusty undertones; it's slightly sheer. I think it's my most modest red.

Ever Red-y, Outlast All Day Lipcolor by Cover Girl -> This really lasts but it dries my lips out. I only wear it when I know I won't be able to reapply frequently. The red is very bright.

Blood Orange, Just Bitten by Revlon -> This is a red lipstain with orange undertones. It's very subtle and seems like more of a lip blush than lip color.

Mystique, Lipstick Pencil by N.Y.C. -> The colour is a very nice bluish red. A little dry but matte and very cheap. I thought it was lipliner when I bought it.

Cheery Drizzle, Shine Seduction by Maybelline -> Yucky! I like the colour but the gloss is gooey, sticky and it runs everywhere and feathers really bad. I get a big pink ring around my lips everytime I wear it; it makes me look like I just ate spaghetti.

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
I rarely wear lipstick since I love giving my bf kisses and can't do so as much if I'm wearing stuff on my lips. I stick with some lip pencil for a bit of color and chapstick. On weekdays I stick with lipgloss because I know I won't see my bf and the lipgloss lasts longer during work and school. As soon as I'm off of school I rub it off and apply the chapstick.

Does anybody else notice you don't get as many kisses with lipstick on? Do you just take it off when you want to give the bf or hubby kisses?

retromom147

One of the Regulars
RetroBabydoll said:
I rarely wear lipstick since I love giving my bf kisses and can't do so as much if I'm wearing stuff on my lips. I stick with some lip pencil for a bit of color and chapstick. On weekdays I stick with lipgloss because I know I won't see my bf and the lipgloss lasts longer during work and school. As soon as I'm off of school I rub it off and apply the chapstick.

Does anybody else notice you don't get as many kisses with lipstick on? Do you just take it off when you want to give the bf or hubby kisses?

Retrobabydoll,
My hubby won't kiss me if I'm wearing chapstick! So when I want to look great and get kisses I wear L'Oreal superstay in Crimson. If he still won't kiss me then I tease him and tell him that with this color on my lips it will be easy to spot how many guys i've given a "peck on the cheek". That usually gets him to be real attentive...lol. Good luck and good smooching!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo