Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your vintage dream purchase??

Down2BDapper

Familiar Face
I've always wanted a hot air balloon to travel the world in.
hot-air-balloon-ride.jpg

Miss Hattie

Familiar Face
MY HOUSE!

Oh my, where does one start?

Well I suppose I will have to start here.
1. Coleton Fishacre in Devon- the house, the gardens, location and views across the coastline are simply breathtaking. Built in 1925/26 for the D’Oyly Carte family(Sir Rupert and Lady Dorothy)

http://i.pbase.com/g4/38/291438/2/60896507.NbgDaOGQ.jpg

Oh I cant express how fantastic this place is (I want, I want, I want!) I love everything about the place- even the aqua glass tiles from the Savoy rest rooms that surround each washbasin in the bedrooms! Perfection. Ok, I admit I might have to change some of the furnishings and furniture and learn to keep a minimalist house (near impossible with me) but that’s all minor details! Imagine what amazing house and garden parties could be had:rolleyes: - I’ve suddenly gone all faint just writing about it.:p

Image1-1.jpg

Rest of list will come later!;)

Dream Purchase

A home built by America`s finest architect Mr Frank Llyod Wright,in the prairie style,and all of the furniture designed by Wright and Rennie Mackintosh,some Stickley pieces here and there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran