Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket are you wearing 'this month?'

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Thanks!

Its from a snuffbox yes, but not Copenhagen, we don't have that brand here, its a plastic box and a Swedish brand I use.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
This is hilarious, I have been using the Highwayman for a long time now, and even with a woolsweater under, it has been that cold!

Yesterday was the first day I could wear just a t-shirt and the halfbelt.

Today its t-shirt-only weather!!!! Gah!! I cant believe it!
I sure hope its not gonna be summer weather from now on......

I have been happy we are in a cool/wet spell now as I can wear mine a few more days. I hate the heat and having to put the jackets away!

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Yeah, but if this trend continues, there is no need for the lighter hide jackets.
Seems like its all or *bam* nothing.

So if the heat continues through the summer now and it turns cold after night then Im gonna sell one of the light hide jackets and get a new one maybe with a blanket lining or something.

Lord Flashheart

A-List Customer
Hello all, first post so here goes!

I've just received my ALC Irvin jacket so this is flavour of the month at the moment. Its probably a bit of overkill (its around 10 degrees at the moment) as the winter has not set in properly here in Australia but hey, it needs to be broken in and thats my excuse!

That Half belt is a great looking jacket Griff, how do you find it in length? I really like the Aeroleather jackets but being 6'3 and around 100Kg I'm always concerned about what the fit would be like.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Hello all, first post so here goes!

I've just received my ALC Irvin jacket so this is flavour of the month at the moment. Its probably a bit of overkill (its around 10 degrees at the moment) as the winter has not set in properly here in Australia but hey, it needs to be broken in and thats my excuse!

That Half belt is a great looking jacket Griff, how do you find it in length? I really like the Aeroleather jackets but being 6'3 and around 100Kg I'm always concerned about what the fit would be like.
Man, Aero can make it fit you easy. Your size is not off the scale. But in this country such heavy, heavy leather is pretty hard to wear. Even at 2 degrees, I struggle to wear any leather heavier than 2.5 oz. A jacket that weighs more than 2 kg is going to be worn about 10 times a year.. IMO.

Last edited:

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Yeah the halfbelt is short in the back. Mine is longer then standard but its still a short jacket. And I have a short torso!
You just gotta give them your specs and start a conversation about the fit.

jksu

Familiar Face
I have been happy we are in a cool/wet spell now as I can wear mine a few more days. I hate the heat and having to put the jackets away!

ditto! i live on the west side of los angeles and so can probably keep wearing most of my leather jackets on morning & evening walks with the dog and commutes. my warmest leather is a schott with a wool lining and that's probably going to get put in the back of the closet in few weeks...

Lord Flashheart

A-List Customer
I'm down in country Victoria Seb so is can get pretty fresh down here when the South wind blows but aside from that, an Irvin is something I have always wanted. I have worn it a couple of times already this year and it's not so bad and I'm prepared to cook for the look.
I wish I knew about Aeroleather years as when I was still living in Edinburgh, I could have driven there in about 45 minutes.

Flash

Lord Flashheart

A-List Customer
As a matter of interest, from ordering an Aero to receiving it, is there much of a wait? Having just spent $830aud on the Irvin, I might have a bit of a struggle justifying another jacket to Mrs Flash.

mattp

One of the Regulars
I think it's currently around the 14 week mark with Aero. I'm sure you could come up with some justification in that time!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I'm down in country Victoria Seb so is can get pretty fresh down here when the South wind blows but aside from that, an Irvin is something I have always wanted. I have worn it a couple of times already this year and it's not so bad and I'm prepared to cook for the look.
I wish I knew about Aeroleather years as when I was still living in Edinburgh, I could have driven there in about 45 minutes.

Flash

I get ya. I would love to show up at Aero and purchase a half-belt I can pick up a week later.

Craig

New in Town
I've been heavily wearing my new Schott Cafe Racer that I picked up in Chicago last fall. The leather is the perfect weight, has great suppleness and shine. I own a good 15-20 jackets, but this one is my favorite for street wear or riding (2004 Kawasaki Z7) along with my Vanson Sportrider. I've since picked up a vintage, brown Schott cafe racer, which although very cool, is not quite as nice as this one. The leather seems a bit stiffer, so maybe some mink oil will bring it up a notch.

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
Not in my experience, I've done it a couple of times to get measured then you have to wait, you do not skip the usual waiting time, however you can look at the various hides and tell them exactly the type you would like(for my last one I picked a brown FQHH, and specified I wanted the shiny translucent look, which is exactly what I got!), the main reason I've done this is to get the fit exactly right for me, Don't expect to go there and get your jacket, days or a couple of weeks later it does not happen!

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Back to the original thread starter, What jacket am I wearing this month?

Just off to go furniture shopping in my black Aero Highwayman.
Just wish the weather was warm and dry enough not go shopping but wear my vented bike jacket like last May and be out on my bike to the seaside this weekend (Hastings bike meet)
John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass