Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

trialsallday

One of the Regulars
Cold in Boston today
Eastman b-3

Attachments

• IMG_3143.JPG
    IMG_3143.JPG
    967.5 KB · Views: 263

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Black goatskin Maxwell today but drastic drop in temperatures by late tomorrow and probably use my Filson Mackinaw coat layered underneath with a Filson Mackinaw western vest.

Reactions: A-1

Gromulus

Practically Family
My ANJ-4 got it's first use this season. Was 11 F (-12 C) this morning heading into work. I cannot wear the jacket much above 15 F without getting overheated.

Sherpa jacket in -6°C.............you're gonna freeze yer butt off. :D

I'm back, nothing with butt-freezing! :D
Absolutely fine winterjacket and the -6°C were not the "end of the flagpole"!! And of course, I walked slowly around, to have a "neutral" test, without sweat-warming. :)

PS:
Naturally, I'm wearing outside always a winter-long johns (combined with the usual boxer-brief) under my trousers, at winter-weather below +5°C. I'm not stupid, like all the other german boys. ;)

Hammerklavier

One of the Regulars
Temperature down to the -5°C , with my Lost Worlds Test and 7oz flannel shirt underneath , still feel warm, I have no doubt it can handle much colder temperature around -10°C

Temperature down to the -5°C , with my Lost Worlds Test and 7oz flannel shirt underneath , still feel warm, I have no doubt it can handle much colder temperature around -10°C

Yep, and my simple and robust cotton/poly-winterjackets were always sufficient until -10°C, too. And my padded winter-tweedcoat would still be sufficient, below the -13°C of 2015. ;)

Life's good. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot