Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Today's space oddity is another 88 cent special from earlier this week.
P1230199 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Cresco, I'm guessing from the 70s.
P1230204 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1230205 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I've been wondering why they get so little airplay around these parts since they were in the leather jacket business from 1903 til the early 80s. My search turned up only 3 or 4 mentions here. A little web sleuthing shows it as the trademark of Creese and Cook Co, a tanner of calfskin in Danvers Massachusetts. Anyway, I get kind of a kick out of this jacket, particularly at that price point. It was quite stiff, but some Cadillac conditioner softened it up nicely. I might give it another coat this afternoon.

Michael

11/10. That's what collars should look like! Not that leather flap on most jackets...

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Oh man that's awesome!!!!!

11/10. That's what collars should look like! Not that leather flap on most jackets...
Thanks guys. They did know how to make a collar back then. Or at least to make it big. I like those two little waistband pockets. One big enough for a pack of smokes on it's side and the other big enough for the Zippo. I think I'll have fun wearing this around when it turns more spring like. As long as I don't gain any weight.

Michael

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
fd99194187199a6de74619a902384ab2.jpg
46e114efd081c13c6b61887c215f621b.jpg

genuine leather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that's what genuine leather jacket should look like

Marv

A-List Customer
As the weather is raining today and not too cold, I feel the need for a bit of leather so will be a toss up between the A2 or G1.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Brown suitcase time. Everything is terrible I know but the weather's been above zero so dragged the bike out from the stairwell to test the "new" 70's Hein Gericke MC jacket. HG "armored" gloves as well. Those guys made some good gear in the past...

I love the positioning of the cuff zips on this!

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
A chilly morning and I'm back around to my Ever Warm Outerwear mackinaw.
P1230234 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Genuine Old Town Moosehead Lake Cloth
P1230229 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Cloth woven in Maine, but jacket made in Milwaukee Wisconsin sometime in the distant past.
1-28-2017 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And my national park service hat got it's first outing around town.

Michael
I would love to source some fabric like this for a jacket lining..sacrilege?

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I would love to source some fabric like this for a jacket lining..sacrilege?
I'm relatively certain the mill that made this particular fabric is long out of business, but similar fabrics could be found. I think this wool might be something like 25 or 28 oz/yd and it might be a bit heavy for lining. I wouldn't use it in the sleeves as it is a bit grabby, but for the body something similar would be great in my mind. I would look for something in the 18 to 21 oz area maybe.

This one is sold out, but would it or something similar be what you are thinking about?
https://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/p211877_redblack-tartan-plaid-wool-coating

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany