Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rainy day locally, so I am donning my Rogue Territory Waxed Canvas Supply Jacket. The waxed canvas is doing a stellar job of keeping me dry, and the blanket lining is keeping me warm.

Rogue%20Territory%20Supple%20011_zpsvl3fyqsc.jpg

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Only just noticed your avatar, do you still practice the noble art? Spend years of my youth in a Shotakan Dojo, got to 1st kudu (brown belt), always regretted not sticking it out for last hurdle of Sho Dan (black belt). Too old and stiff now to contemplate going back for that last exam - plus leather jackets are a tad restrictive to move around in :-D

I was lucky enough to start with TKD in my early teens as a very chubby kid and was stubborn enough to keep at it.
Got to 2nd Degree with TKD in my early 20's and even ran my own school for a while. Then switched to Hapkido and got to 1st degree, had hip surgery which has required another switch to less high kicking styles so currently working my way through the ranks in Japanese Jujutsu with some Muay Thai on the side.

It's such a part of my lifestyle now, I can imagine not going to training a few times a week.

You should get back into something, it's so rewarding.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
That's a kick ass cafe jacket Nave...Vanson?
as PN said :)
thank you Ton
Hello, I'm new to this forum, nice to meet you all, and Happy New Year to all
I want to share my personal custom jacket project, I wanted to treat myself with a totally self designed jacket in thick cowhide since I also like to ride, and luckily, my mother has a neighbor who does leather jacket, so I went there with my sketch (pencil sketch), and they measured me, asked what material etc, and 1 week later they called me to try the prototype ( of which surprisingly made from denim) it was great with minor adjustments, and then 2 days after that they called me to inspect the leather, it was 1.6mm cowhide, with somewhat orange peel like texture, black through and through down to the suede, they said it was a real nice leather (since I know nothing about the subject... I just felt it with my hand, and saw some blemishes and variation in textures on different parts of the sheet) and 2 weeks after that just after xmas, it was ready for tryout, only details, and lower hem need stitching
Yesterday on 31th the jacket(s) are done, I finally bought the prototype as well after being updated and lined, these are some photos of them. I'm so happy right now:)
my-jacket-is-done_zps445c0f04.jpg

my-jacket-is-done2_zps6fa57bbd.jpg

my-jacket-is-done4_zps37374643.jpg

my-jacket-is-done3_zps5bf5464b.jpg

nick123

I'll Lock Up
That is tops, Nick! Thoughts? Opinions? Reviews??

It's a dedicated riding jacket. I saw a guy riding a small motorcycle last night all through the Grapevine with high winds and light snow on I-5. I don't have those balls.

The jacket? Gorgeous. And heavy as well as warm on the kidney panel, which must be a riding feature that I have never felt before on any jacket. Heavier than the Schott CHP I owned. The snaps have this bronzing to them where they have this oxidized blue hue around them. Just a gorgeous older jacket that fits better than any assymetrical jacket I've owned. Thanks Chris (pawine). :)

It's a dedicated riding jacket. I saw a guy riding a small motorcycle last night all through the Grapevine with high winds and light snow on I-5. I don't have those balls.

The jacket? Gorgeous. And heavy as well as warm on the kidney panel, which must be a riding feature that I have never felt before on any jacket. Heavier than the Schott CHP I owned. The snaps have this bronzing to them where they have this oxidized blue hue around them. Just a gorgeous older jacket that fits better than any assymetrical jacket I've owned. Thanks Chris (pawine). :)
Riding anywhere around here yesterday would have been suicidal! Jacket or no.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
iNick, you must be getting up there in the jackets dept. How many is it now? That one looks great on you. I showed the photo to my wife as part of my Vanson campaign and all she said was, "He has a nice face!"

All of the motorcycle jacket guys usually look mean. My face is too innocent for that business.
Riding anywhere around here yesterday would have been suicidal! Jacket or no.

House across the street slid along its foundation and partially collapsed. No one was hurt. Unbelievable. No idea how that happened.

In 2011, while we were in Europe, the storm here destroyed Pasadena. Our house got a nice 100-year old Walnut tree on the back end. Every time the winds get near 90+mph, I get freaked out. Apparently then, they hit over 135mph. One more tree on the roof and it's so long SoCal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner