Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Leither

One of the Regulars
Midnight J106.
Breaking in 1.5 weeks.

Attachments

• 20170703_102849_HDR~4.jpg
    20170703_102849_HDR~4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 176
Vintage Canadian-made college jacket:
fb70bcfbb6c4a6cc01d53bd6e3c70cd8.jpg

And I'm in love with this short-sleeved Buzz Rickson Herringbone shirt that I bought second hand for a very good price:
3d3b30b11b64dc980276fd00f83d9c93.jpg

Have a good day everyone!

When everything's collapsing, trust the kids!
- www.zekimin.com -

Cool shirt.
Odd thing though; long, looong before I was even aware of what I was wearing (how I miss those times...), I've seen an episode of NYPD Blue where this woman they've brought in for questioning, makes a remark about Sipowicz's trademark short sleeved shirt. She says something really nasty, I can't remember what but this was probably the first time I actually took notice of a clothing item and even tho I had a few of those shirts, I never ever wore one again. I don't really know why... Just that that thing she said got to me.

Reactions: A-1

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cool shirt.
Odd thing though; long, looong before I was even aware of what I was wearing (how I miss those times...), I've seen an episode of NYPD Blue where this woman they've brought in for questioning, makes a remark about Sipowicz's trademark short sleeved shirt. She says something really nasty, I can't remember what but this was probably the first time I actually took notice of a clothing item and even tho I had a few of those shirts, I never ever wore one again. I don't really know why... Just that that thing she said got to me.
Same thing happened to me. Somebody said, "Short-sleeved shirts? They're so middle-management, like the guy who endorses your check at the supermarket." I haven't worn one since. Seeing A-1's, though, maybe I'll reconsider. Funny how those little snarky comments can affect you.

A-1

One Too Many
Same thing happened to me. Somebody said, "Short-sleeved shirts? They're so middle-management, like the guy who endorses your check at the supermarket." I haven't worn one since. Seeing A-1's, though, maybe I'll reconsider. Funny how those little snarky comments can affect you.

Yeah, someone said the same thing to me once. "You always buy long sleeves shirts and roll up the sleeves." But actually, I think they look way more 1950s-60s short-sleeved. Don't know if that's true but I feel like they do.
It's interesting though how a single comment from a person, who is not even close to one, can change the wearing habits of us. Or at least the way we look at things.
Probably it's not so much different from someone saying stitch-count is the hottest thing and your jacket is inferior and looks bland without it being done properly.
@Monitor , I completely get your, I wished I could get back to days where I hadn't thought about what I'm wearing. That's why I try to keep it simple with the one leather jacket. But now I'm thinking about the second one... stupid kid.

- www.zekimin.com -

Yeah, someone said the same thing to me once. "You always buy long sleeves shirts and roll up the sleeves." But actually, I think they look way more 1950s-60s short-sleeved. Don't know if that's true but I feel like they do.
It's interesting though how a single comment from a person, who is not even close to one, can change the wearing habits of us. Or at least the way we look at things.
Probably it's not so much different from someone saying stitch-count is the hottest thing and your jacket is inferior and looks bland without it being done properly.
@Monitor , I completely get your, I wished I could get back to days where I hadn't thought about what I'm wearing. That's why I try to keep it simple with the one leather jacket. But now I'm thinking about the second one... stupid kid.

- www.zekimin.com -
You've done more due diligence with that DD of yours than just about anyone here, save a few like Dav. You've earned a second jacket man! Aaaaand it sounds really cool too!

Reactions: A-1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran