Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

barnabus

One Too Many
Used Iron Heart indigo duck canvas type 1 straight out of the box from Germany. Could not wish for a better fit!
View attachment 546231
View attachment 546232
View attachment 546233
Looks great!

I love a heavy indigo jacket but I just can't get away with the type I or type II style. Those pleats betray me every time, as the snug fit I like always makes them bellow out and look bad on me.

Your pictures make me want to have another go, but I know I can't get away with it

X83

One of the Regulars
IMG_0313.jpeg
aero board racer with j100 collar swap

NZJono

One of the Regulars
Really pleased with this Iron Heart cord jacket I got a few months ago. It’s a 40 which I think is a large. P2P of just over 21” which I thought would be slightly tight but the fit is spot on. Really like it.
I’d love one in leather or suede if I could nail the same fit. Also got an Iron Heart shirt which is nice also. My first Iron Heart purchases - expensive but the quality seems good.
DSC_3161.jpeg
DSC_3159.jpeg

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Very cool strides as well! What make are they please?

Frye 147, square toe jodhpurs, from the 70s:
Frye.PNG

Complete outfit details please

CapMonsivais
ShirtBanana Republic - Gingham
Jacket???
PantsGustin 379 - Persimmon Dye
BootsFrye 147 - Square Toe Jodhpurs

Wish I could say more about the origin of the jacket but there are no markings anywhere. Not even stitch holes from a removed tag. It's lined in plain black satin-like material with an open bottom hem. I searched underneath but didn't find any clues.

Most I can say is I purchased it from a guy in the Seattle area who said it served him well for years. I asked him if he knew the origin but he didn't say who the maker was, so I'm guessing he picked it up second-hand as well.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Nice Gustins. I always liked their persimmon fabruc.

Thanks, Will! I usually keep half an eye out for Naked & Famous because they have different offbeat stuff, but these Gustins popped up recently and I snagged them. I had been looking for some brown denim for quite a while and figured I would give these a try. They have been a nice addition and will probably get quite a bit of wear. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen