Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Good Wear I won on Monday arrived safe and sound this afternoon:
IMG_2593.JPG

It is made from russet Shinki horsehide and the leather is wonderfully soft and grainy. The rust knits are in perfect shape as well, aside from a few water spots here and there the jacket looks brand new! The fit is not bad but it is a little baggier than I like. I might let my tailor have a look because he is very good when it comes to flight jackets.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Temps just cool enough to justify a light jacket on doggo's morning constitutional jaunt so I opted for this Schott. Had to shed it about half way thru. It's deceptively warm despite its light weight. Nice to be getting back in the game tho. Bring on October, 40 degrees and rain.
View attachment 85451
Looks great, ton. Fits very nicely.

Michael

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Nice jackets, everyone! Monitor, that Hein Gericke is one of the nicer ones I have seen. Whenever I look them up on ebay, they all look thin und cheap with tenmillions of seams and panels..

Nice jackets, everyone! Monitor, that Hein Gericke is one of the nicer ones I have seen. Whenever I look them up on ebay, they all look thin und cheap with tenmillions of seams and panels..

I know what you mean. The racing suits they've been making are all really fine but the other ones, like 99% of it is either meh or downright horrendous.
I got this one locally and didn't expect much but it was love at first sight. It's such a good jacket that, provided I know anything about leather jackets, I would go as far as to say it's Vanson quality. Everything is clean, each part of it made from a single piece of leather, no cheesy details, really heavy leather, removable warm lining and the best part, it's got hard armour already installed. Brand logo is literally the only thing I don't like about it but otherwise, perfect motorcycle cross zip. It's even got true shoulder gussets.

tropicalbob

There are quite a few working (construction, contracting etc...) fathers at the school but they're in stone washed jeans and steel toes with the leather worn off the steel. Those that wear leather jackets tend to wear 90's baggy multi-piece affairs. It's not a really fashionable place which is perfectly fine but does make my clothing choices stand out a bit.
LOL. That's the national uniform of contractors.

El Marro

My oldest friend stopped by today out of the blue. We have known each other since we were 10 years old and we were pretty much inseparable up until we graduated from high school and went our separate ways. We still keep in touch but sometimes years go by without us getting together in person.
Anyway, he couldn't help but notice my leather jacket collection, not surprising considering they are stacked in a pile in the corner of my living room. I had a great time showing him the jackets and explaining all of the various rhymes and reasons why I had purchased this one or that one. At one point he turned to me and said: "you know, it's funny but I have never owned a leather jacket." As a true leather jacket nut, there was only one proper response to that statement, I said: "pick one".
IMG_4346.JPG

That's my best friend Jacob wearing his new Vanson CHP. The jacket was not getting any use at all from me since I got my Langlitz Columbia earlier this year, and I am happy to send it on to a new home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran