Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Mich486

One Too Many
It's right at the belt. It's short but much better on a T-shirt. I'm wearing a thick sweater which lifts it up. But it's short, yeah. Really short. :)

I hope you keep posting photos of this as I’m thinking of having my next jacket made out of this jerky hh and it would be great to see how yours breaks in. The more I look at it the more I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@SpeedRcrX - Looking mighty skinny!!!!

So far, I have heard "holy f**k" and "don't break your back" comments when people lift it up!

My wife was cold last night and I put my Steinbeck on her shoulders -- she said it was way too heavy and uncomfortable and gave it back to me, preferring to be cold as opposed to weighted down by my jacket.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
And it seems they got the extreme weight steer back again. Looks 5oz! That's what I'm getting my trucker jacket in next. In about 2 years. . . Nick, how come you decided on the HWM again??

I don't know if it's extreme weight-wise. I thought extreme was like 10-11 lbs plus...this one is about 8.5. The Highwayman was my favorite style from day one. Even though other models are better suited for my frame. It is just classic Aero!

Thebuzzard

One of the Regulars
@Monitor Ivan, it’s almost brown now, for sure.
Please note that it needs two 15 kilo carrying magnets to hold the jacket.
6a85b94ac49991f53a59cf17a1fcc26d.jpg

38674ba78c61f67da5564c239f16151e.jpg

68daeb2b08d8dcd1d5dd286b81b90ea1.jpg

bf02c06f50f4f3f6146319fac865a09a.jpg
So sweet! So how long did it take to hit this point?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
@SpeedRcrX - Looking mighty skinny!!!!

My wife was cold last night and I put my Steinbeck on her shoulders -- she said it was way too heavy and uncomfortable and gave it back to me, preferring to be cold as opposed to weighted down by my jacket.

Thank you!

Well I prefer to be weighted down than being cold. I’m pretty sure my peacoat is heavier than your Steinbeck. LOL

Thebuzzard

One of the Regulars
Not long. Just about one and a half years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Found a pic of myself going through a relatives estate, about 8yrs old in a little bikers jacket. Showed it to my wife who now wants me to get one so she can make a side by side portrait. Heh gotta love an excuse to buy a new toy! Who makes that awesome jacket of yours man?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Gamma68

One Too Many
1969 M-65, with a 1969 liner buttoned in (it's cold).

I love everything about this jacket ... except the crappy aluminum zipper. It's very hard to engage the pin all the way so the zipper teeth are aligned properly. I've owned two other M-65s, both with brass zippers. Never had any issue with those.

So far, I've tried applying Gulf Wax and graphite, but have had no success. Anyone have any quick tips?

WJAYWT_16.JPG

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
1969 M-65, with a 1969 liner buttoned in (it's cold).

I love everything about this jacket ... except the crappy aluminum zipper. It's very hard to engage the pin all the way so the zipper teeth are aligned properly. I've owned two other M-65s, both with brass zippers. Never had any issue with those.

So far, I've tried applying Gulf Wax and graphite, but have had no success. Anyone have any quick tips?

WJAYWT_16.JPG

Nice vintage M-65! I have a 1970 with an aluminum zipper, and so far, I’ve not had any trouble with it. I generally use bee’s wax on stubborn zippers, but I’m not sure it would work any better than gulf wax. Might be worth a try, though.

AF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy