• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. jonesy86

jonesy86 Practically Family

I suppose we could PM on subject matters not meant for general consumption, don't know the rules. Then again email can be shared independent of TFL, but I get paranoid. The internet is weird. My moniker (is that what it is called?) is Jonesy86. I bet someone can guess what my last name is. And, yes i have been 86ed once or twice from an establishment selling libations, but that was a long long time ago. :)

nick123 likes this.
  2. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd Call Me a Cab

Regarding the Thedi “gun” pocket. Despite the gun-like shape stitched on the top of the pocket, the actual pocket is just a normal interior rectangular pocket. At least it was on mine. I always had the impression it’s just a normal pocket with a little extra styling on top.
    Don’t overthink it, it’s a pocket.

A-1, El Marro, Fonzie and 5 others like this.
  3. jonesy86

We do have a thread on TFL called "Show Us Your Guns". Can't post there, don't have one. :)
    As I have mentioned, I do now have a fedora, which my daughter thinks should be illegal.

Monitor and ProteinNerd like this.
  4. jonesy86

Yeah, your right. And for all the Freudians out there, with all due respect, sometimes s cigar is just a cigar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fonzie, tropicalbob and ProteinNerd like this.
  5. Mysteryo

Mysteryo A-List Customer

50's Buco J23
    buco yo 2017.jpg

6. mendelboaz

mendelboaz Practically Family

ton312 likes this.
  7. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

I find discussing politics very useful, actually. You get a very good insight into a person you're talking to and I don't mean their political views. That I couldn't care less about. Rather, you learn if they're racist, for example and then you know not to talk to them anymore.

This is why I bought a HWM and this is why I sold it. Won't ever look this cool. Ever!

A-1, El Marro, Woodyear and 1 other person like this.
  8. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Aero. :)

9. Hmmm...racist can mean two different things according to which party or ideology one belongs to. Race baiters are my most human disappointers.

10. ton312

ton312 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Monitor is right. Aero j 106!

Leither likes this.
  11. seres

seres One of the Regulars

A-1 likes this.
  12. mendelboaz

mendelboaz Practically Family

Wow! I wouldn't be able to tell by the placement of the collar snaps and the leather. My collar snaps aren't as close to the edge as with your jacket. Very nice.

ton312 likes this.
  13. ton312

Thanks! I think this is one of the early versions. Has some cool no longer available features. The entire hem is leather lined with 2" of leather and the pocket bags are heavy canvas. Even the drill is a bit different. More coarse than what I've experienced. This is my 4th iteration of the j106, bought second hand, and it's the best fitting of the bunch. Go figure!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017 at 9:50 AM
  14. jonesy86

Monitor
    Do you like Aeros?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

I dig Aeros.

16. Woodyear

Woodyear Familiar Face

This sounds like racist jargon for “I’m racist”.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 1:56 AM
  17. ton312

Hopefully fellow loungers in the S. Cali area are safe and sound. Man I feel behind a bit but lord have mercy that thar is one helluva fire. I don't think I can remember anything quite so aggressive. From a midwesterner standpoint anyway.

18. Monsoon

Monsoon One of the Regulars

Always remember what General Chappie James said: "The Marines don't have a race problem. They treat all their men like they're black."

19. BobJ

BobJ Practically Family

Whoa. Whether he is or isn't, that is an accusation you should be very careful about putting into print on a public forum.

20. navetsea

navetsea One Too Many

it is obviously a lunch pouch
    [​IMG]

casechopper, ton312, jonesy86 and 4 others like this.