• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. A-1

A-1 Practically Family

Every time I see HWM, I think about Hot Water Music.

2. Woodyear

Woodyear Familiar Face

I didn’t accuse anyone of anything, I simply stated what his comment sounds like to me. Anyone who upon broaching the topic of racism, publicly alludes to “race baiters” (a racist colloquialism for those who dare to speak candidly on the issue of racism) as “their most human disappointment” (rather than those actual human disappointments who are the racists themselves) is clearly dog whistling. In this day and age, with racists marching in the streets people like me can not afford to remain silent.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 5:49 AM
    A-1 and Fonzie like this.
  3. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

Extraordinary warming woolblend (70 w/30 poly)-tweedcoat, halflong with zipped (quilted) windvest. One of my favorites. Heavy warming, sporty-elegant, more or less lightweight.

El Marro likes this.
  4. casechopper

casechopper My Mail is Forwarded Here

I respect everyone's views on jackets in this forum. I know many here have wildly different political views and many of those views I disagree with strongly. I prefer not to have those views spelled out in this forum because this forum is for talking about jackets. If someone has good information on jackets and also happens to have political views I dislike or find abhorrent then I'd prefer not to know about their political views because they aren't relevant here. This is the same reason that I rarely accept friends on Facebook. Many older people who I enjoy talking to and being around seem to lose all sense of decorum on Facebook and espouse viewpoints that make it hard to look at them in the same light. I prefer to live in ignorance of the political views of many people in order to share friendships with them based on the other, less volatile parts of their lives.

5. Yep..it seems to bring out your ire and then of course leftist terminology to insult any opposing view. If you can't find a victim..make a new one ..or renew one. Just can't contain yourself....

6. DrMacabre

DrMacabre Familiar Face

and now for something completely different... Cooper A-2, Major 8 panel cap and Roundhouse overall. I still have to figure if i swap the size 40 cooper for a 38, the only one available right now is with USAF patch on the chest which i don't like or go to a tailor and have the shoulder moved 1 inch or 2 up.

_MG_9969.jpg

7. El Marro

El Marro Practically Family

DrMacabre,
    If you like the fit, apart from the wide shoulders, then I would take the jacket to a good tailor and have it altered. I bought four A-2 jackets trying to find a great fit and none of them were quite right. Finally I wised up and brought the best fitting one to a tailor near me for alterations. I wish I had thought of that a couple A-2s ago...

DrMacabre likes this.
  8. casechopper

casechopper My Mail is Forwarded Here

Lost Worlds G-1

[​IMG] [​IMG]

sweetfights, thor, Mich486 and 7 others like this.
  9. navetsea

navetsea One Too Many

without your scarf, is the neck/ collar hole not too large on you? and how about the epaulette?

10. TREEMAN

TREEMAN Practically Family

Don't think a tailor can just move the shoulders up.....much more involved...

tropicalbob likes this.
  11. El Marro

El Marro Practically Family

Treeman, I had the shoulders taken in a bit on my A-2 without issue. It might be trickier on DrM's jacket though because we are talking about at least 2" on either side.

12. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie Practically Family

A local tailor re-sized the Barnstormer I bought from @Monitor and in that process he not only took it in at the sides, he also moved up the shoulder and took material off the chest area around the sleevehole. It's possible, but expensive because not only the leather has to be cut and re-sewn, but also the lining. Paid 250€ (about 300 USD) for it.

13. DrMacabre

DrMacabre Familiar Face

Seems ok to me, i never go out without my scarf or the jacket totally closed, i like the relaxed collar as they used to wear it during ww2. I'll check with a tailor but if it cost more than the $100 i paid for the jacket, i will try to get a size 38 instead. It doesnt seem it will be small enough, last time i checked, mine is 20.5" and a 38 is only 19", that's not a big difference.

14. ton312

ton312 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Is that storm trooper armor in the background wearable???!!!

ProteinNerd likes this.
  15. ai00344

ai00344 New in Town

I was thinking the exact same thing lol.....now there is a thread highjack if Ive ever seen one!

ProteinNerd and ton312 like this.
  16. DrMacabre

DrMacabre Familiar Face

Yes it is. It's a 20 years old custom made armor. A long time before it was widely available everywhere.

17. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Wait, you bought that Barnstormer?? How come I don't remember that? I hope I gave you a good deal on it. That was hell of a coat...

18. ton312

OH man!! Seriously...that's awesome!!!

A-1, Michael A and DrMacabre like this.
  19. DrMacabre

DrMacabre Familiar Face

That's pretty common nowadays, you can purchase a complete armor for around $800 online. I also had custom made boots. Sorry for the off topic.

IMG_3944.JPG

20. ton312

Well, given the release of the last jedi being right around the corner and all...it seems the time is now. ;)

ProteinNerd and jacketjunkie like this.