Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
@jonesy86
Great! But can you find out, how much the leather-trucker weighs? I like to know about the difference to a usual Denim-type III jacket!! :)
Wow, not too sure how to weigh the jacket. I suppose I could weigh myself on a bathroom scale with out the jacket and then with the jacket. Don't think these scales are very accurate though. It is not very thick, or heavy. Its a cheap Gap cow hide after all. I will try see what I can come up with as far as weight and get back to you. @Monitor may know, as he is very well versed on leather truckers.
Cheers.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Wow, not too sure how to weigh the jacket. I suppose I could weigh myself on a bathroom scale with out the jacket and then with the jacket. Don't think these scales are very accurate though. It is not very thick, or heavy. Its a cheap Gap cow hide after all. I will try see what I can come up with as far as weight and get back to you. @Monitor may know, as he is very well versed on leather truckers.
Cheers.
My bathroom scale is acting a little wonky, but it looks like the jacket weighs around 4 Lbs. @Ribdoner has the exact same jacket. NOS Brown Gap Trucker XL. He may know what is weighs.
I don't know if I would necessarily recommend this jacket. It is OK, light cow hide, Kinda long for todays fashion. There are a lot of others out there that are much nicer. I picked up a Schott not long ago and love it. I have a Chevignon for sale posted in the Classified thread, that is kinda special if it fits you. Very cool design but it doesn't fit me. Don't forget Aero is coming out with what looks like a beautiful leather Type 3 some time this Spring according to the rumors. Of course that will cost a bit more.
Cheers

A-1

One Too Many
It’s warm out today, so it’s only this Filson vest plus an Indigofera shirt that I tried to dye black. It came out rather navy but I like it.
9c50f70e19f6c90ae6bd127df61d936e.jpg

@jonesy86
Thanks. That's 1,81 kilogramm. Would still be heavy for me, but black type III-Nappa looks definitely very nice! :)

You know, an average 12oz-Denim type III weighs circa 800 gramm and even that doesn't feel leightweight for me. :D I'm a flyweight-man, that's the problem.

And sadly, there are very yummy brown Suede-type III jackets on the market! :rolleyes:

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
@jonesy86
Thanks. That's 1,81 kilogramm. Would still be heavy for me, but black type III-Nappa looks definitely very nice! :)

You know, an average 12oz-Denim type III weighs circa 800 gramm and even that doesn't feel leightweight for me. :D I'm a flyweight-man, that's the problem.

And sadly, there are very yummy brown Suede-type III jackets on the market! :rolleyes:

You could have one made out of light goatskin or possibly cape skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
You absolutely need to. These things save lives. Similar winters where I am. I still deeply regret not getting whatever sheepskin instead of the CR. CR I can wear only about two weeks in autumn and two weeks in spring. At best. Anything in between is either a T-shirt or 11 layers of textile. Or one sheepskin. My next Aero, provided I'll ever have enough money for it, is going to be an Irvin.

That’s what happen to me last year, I bought mid season jackets and coming winter times I deeply regretted it.

So this year, I’m really happy with my B3, as I get older I can’t stand the cold anymore....

Last photo of the year!

e397852bd370412b7dbdaf0e825c12ba.jpg

You could have one made out of light goatskin or possibly cape skin.

Of course, I will keep watching for type III-jackets, but it's still the same for me. The next one will surely be a brown Cord-type III, if there will eventually appear some in the german streetstores/department stores, but even if there will be better ones on "massmarket-A quality"! ;)

A-1

One Too Many
Of course, I will keep watching for type III-jackets, but it's still the same for me. The next one will surely be a brown Cord-type III, if there will eventually appear some in the german streetstores/department stores, but even if there will be better ones on "massmarket-A quality"! ;)

About 6 years ago I bought three of those cord ones. Polo Ralph Lauren, Levi’s and Wrangler, all for under 10€ including shipping. Maybe it was before they were really fashionable again, but you can find them for next to nothing. It’s really easy.
I never wore them much as I didn’t like the style. Sold them for a lot more a year or so later.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
-11 degrees F here this morning while I was shoveling some of the 6 or 8" of snow that fell while I was in the north country.
12-31-2017 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Wearing a Greenbriar N-3B and some flyer's mittens.
DSCN7660 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Nice and comfy.
Hope everyone had a good holiday and are looking forward to the New Year,
Michael

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I've owned a couple they were around 1.3 kilo in a 2.5oz leather.

As I said, My scale is acting a little wonky. 1.3 kilo in 2.5 oz. leather sounds much more accurate. It is not a very heavy jacket. Though after my Frankencoat dying experiment it is a lot stiffer, crunchy and very shiny. Thinking about getting it wet (to see is it leeches), and rolling it up into some kind of origami thing I saw some Japanese dudes do online to break in a jacket. [emoji51]
Thanks for the for the followup @Seb Lucas.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
About 6 years ago I bought three of those cord ones. Polo Ralph Lauren, Levi’s and Wrangler, all for under 10€ including shipping. Maybe it was before they were really fashionable again, but you can find them for next to nothing. It’s really easy.
I never wore them much as I didn’t like the style. Sold them for a lot more a year or so later.

I swear you guys in Europe find better deals than can find in the states. Maybe I’m not looking in the right places. [emoji3]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic