Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Hooray, finally real sherpa-days, in old Germany!!

-11°Celsius and it was so cozy in my original Levi's-sherpa on going to the citycentre. Life's good... :)

But, I can't remember, that wind could be really going on, when temperature falls below -2°Celsius, but it's definitely windy, now. o_O

Last edited:
change of plan, the sun was hiding, so I took the bike since the package I needed to collect was only small action figure toy...
so naturally change of costume:D
rDPlx38.jpg

Always ride when you can. Cool jacket. Would you tell me a bit about the boots? Very nice.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
yep :) thankis JMax,
the boots is custom design I ordered through local shoe maker 3-4 yrs ago, it was a bit pain in the waiting process since the maker went awol for months and then a year, and showed a totally wrong design and promised a remake through another workshop, finally after 2 yrs or so it showed up, not 100% per my drawing or details we agreed on but after 2 yrs and a remake, I just took what I could get, and small details missing or slightly different toe shape doesn't really bother me at the end, it hold up pretty well too.
when it was brand new
GU8h00M.jpg

yep :) thankis JMax,
the boots is custom design I ordered through local shoe maker 3-4 yrs ago, it was a bit pain in the waiting process since the maker went awol for months and then a year, and showed a totally wrong design and promised a remake through another workshop, finally after 2 yrs or so it showed up, not 100% per my drawing or details we agreed on but after 2 yrs and a remake, I just took what I could get, and small details missing or slightly different toe shape doesn't really bother me at the end, it hold up pretty well too.
when it was brand new
GU8h00M.jpg

That is a very nice pair of riding boots. Thanks for taking the time to respond and post the photo.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vintage 1940s Goatskin jacket made in Sweden . I just finished conditioning the leather after stripping the old shiny shellac finish off. Also removed the excessive shoulder pads and cut the elastic webbing at the waist for extra comfort . Love the fit and pockets . Two hand warmer at chest and two slash at waist. Has belted back of course . Love the leather as its very substantial but malleable. But uncertain about color as of now.
c0bbb09d09255a57dbf4869c21bc956c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Moving into jacket weather today, finally. I guess this is a Californian Pony Hide
DSCN8764 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN8775 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
2-26-2018 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN8773 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN8774 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Have a fine day,
Michael
Greetings Michael et al:
That is an outstanding jacket Sir. No guesses here. That back is to behold. Fine fedora as well. If only jackets could speak.
Be well. Bowen

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Vintage 1940s Goatskin jacket made in Sweden . I just finished conditioning the leather after stripping the old shiny shellac finish off. Also removed the excessive shoulder pads and cut the elastic webbing at the waist for extra comfort . Love the fit and pockets . Two hand warmer at chest and two slash at waist. Has belted back of course . Love the leather as its very substantial but malleable. But uncertain about color as of now.
c0bbb09d09255a57dbf4869c21bc956c.jpg

Greetings Bond et al:
Very classy jacket. The color looks very rich. The finish very satiney. Everything about it is sweet. What did you use to strip and treat? Thanks
Be well. Bowen
PS: the hat totally completes the vibe. B

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bowen , not sure what was in the De glazer liquid, bought on recommendation of my local cobbler, but it worked well . He also recommended to use saddle soap afterwards to soften it up, which i did apply sparingly and would not darken it as well. Wanted to leave it natural looking as possible but honestly it just needs to be worn now for the next 50yrs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner