Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

A-1

One Too Many

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Please do, I was checking that jacket out. Is it the same leather used in the Commando, Z150/"thin Comp weight"?
It is indeed. The leather is thinner and lighter than traditional comp weight but HELLA stiff. I'd forgotten how insanely stiff a new Vanson is!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
That's a beautiful jacket, but the pants steal the show!
Thanks. The pants are Woolrich hunting pants of about the same age as the jacket. They are cut like a long breech or jodpur with lacing at the bottom.
DSCN0516 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN0515 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Not the best photos, but you can get the idea. The boots are from Sears and quite possibly of the same age as the other two items.

That's a damn fine jacket!

When everything's collapsing, trust the kids!
- www.zekimin.com -
Thanks, I'm happy I decided to get it. I priced zipper replacement yesterday and it was $39, but that was with an unspecified zipper. I suppose I should look into it a bit more and find a good zip if I can.

Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
What's the story on those boots?
Assuming you are asking me, the boots are Sears, Roebuck Wearmasters
Sears Roebuck and Co Wearmaster Boot Label by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Sears sold tall boots under this name from at least the mid-30s til at least some time in the 60s. I think these were sold to me as 30s-40s boots, but I vaguely recall going through old catalogs and deciding that sometime in the 50s was more likely.
Sears Roebuck and Co Wearmaster Boot by Michael A2012, on Flickr
If you click on the photo it should take you to an album that has more photos of them.

Michael

A-1

One Too Many
Ok, as promised, here is a family photo. By the way, there was a grizzly in the bush, so the dogs were distracted. Sorry.
bc010f8d5820344d0ccfe5a3d7116524.jpg

My wife is wearing her Pendleton vintage wool jacket. I'm wearing my old vintage college jacket.
Have a good weekend everyone!

- www.zekimin.com -

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Ok, as promised, here is a family photo. By the way, there was a grizzly in the bush, so the dogs were distracted. Sorry.
bc010f8d5820344d0ccfe5a3d7116524.jpg

My wife is wearing her Pendleton vintage wool jacket. I'm wearing my old vintage college jacket.

- www.zekimin.com -
Great photo. I'd be distracted by a grizzly in the bush, at least if you are talking bear.

Have a good weekend.
Michael

Reactions: A-1

Hypoxic

One of the Regulars

- www.zekimin.com -

Great photo! Bon weekend!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
A-1 awesome family shot there. You and your wife are amazingly un-distracted give what you indicate is in the bush :)

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Michael those boots are incredible to find in that condition!! Like the jacket and wool trousers too!
Good to hear you are a fan of the boots Aerofan. They were fundamentally sound when I found them, but didn't look quite like they do now. As I recall I gave them some copious doses of Cadillac conditioner, some touch up dye polish on a few spots and then several good rubdowns with my homemade dubbin polish to get them where they are now. That and the winter spent on shoe trees with the shaft stuffed with newspaper. I'll probably pull them out again next week for some wear with Woolrich wool breeches for a little bicycle riding.

Thanks,
Michael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany