Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
With the temps in the low to mid SINGLE DIGITS and the windchill around -20, I had to dig out some heavy hardware.

IMG_0318_zpstzecjhwc.jpg

A muskrat fur Ushanka from Fur Hat World and a Shearling Jacket found on the Bay made by someone named "Gino". Kept me warm and toasty, though I probably look like some weird Russian Refugee.

Worf
Hey @Worf, not matter what you wear, so far from what I have seen you look pretty cool! No matter looking like a refugee, you look warm and cozy. And a wonderful big smile. Stay warm, in style as usual. :)

saucerfiend

Practically Family
With the temps in the low to mid SINGLE DIGITS and the windchill around -20, I had to dig out some heavy hardware.

IMG_0318_zpstzecjhwc.jpg

A muskrat fur Ushanka from Fur Hat World and a Shearling Jacket found on the Bay made by someone named "Gino". Kept me warm and toasty, though I probably look like some weird Russian Refugee.

Worf
Worf,
That looks great! Those old Marlboro Sheepskins are unbeatable! And the Hat is off the hook!

Brian

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Spent Christmas in Milwaukee...now back in North Carolina.

This is my new ATF M-41. It just arrived today. It’s the second one I’ve owned because the first one badly outgrew me. I lost some weight after I retired, and I had to store, retire or give away much of my clothing. The jacket I missed the most was my old M-41. I had worn it almost constantly through a couple of winters...M-41s are nearly perfect for the weather here...and it had really begun to fade and look like an original. Plus, I’d worn it in foul weather enough that it had come to fit me like a glove. I was very sorry to see it go.

But ATF put M-41s on their sale page the other day, and I happily snagged one for half the normal price. It’s four sizes smaller than my first one, and it fits like a glove. There’ll be no down time for this jacket. I immediately put it on and set about taking down the outdoor Christmas decorations.

6E8E189D-14F2-44C6-8CEE-F581BDA5554B.jpeg

AF

Here’s my prescription for the LA summertime blues: Go to Milwaukee in December for one week. Repeat as necessary. Guaranteed to restore your love for Los Angeles (and North Carolina) weather.

AF
Was in my hometown of Butte, MT - -15ºf. Is that cold enough? I was born in ~-30ºf, so I tend to enjoy it more...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran