Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I've really enjoyed the fit pics of you wearing this jacket. Would you say it's fully converted you to vintage?
Thanks! It's damn near done it. I'll put it this way: I'm not actively looking for any more new jackets, not even Freewheelers ones. I am actively looking for vintage jackets and am looking forward to the next inspiration and any other opportunities to find good vintage jackets.

I'm not opposed to a new jacket, but the Vanson, then the Cal, and now especially this have pushed me toward only really caring about finding vintage jackets. So basically yes, with a slight caveat. Plus, I'm not selling my Bodie or my RMC aviator as of now.

hieu

A-List Customer
Thanks! It's damn near done it. I'll put it this way: I'm not actively looking for any more new jackets, not even Freewheelers ones. I am actively looking for vintage jackets and am looking forward to the next inspiration and any other opportunities to find good vintage jackets.

I'm not opposed to a new jacket, but the Vanson, then the Cal, and now especially this have pushed me toward only really caring about finding vintage jackets. So basically yes, with a slight caveat. Plus, I'm not selling my Bodie or my RMC aviator as of now.
Really glad that you're on the way to fully making the switch because I know for sure that if any cool vintage jacket ends up in your hands, we will get nice fit pics :)

Viking752

Practically Family
At least two cows gave their lives so that Schott NYC could build my model 118 in a size 52 Long. And for that….I salute them.

IMG_0203.jpeg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Today, I had the pleasure of meeting Mr Takanori Okamoto , representative of Langlitz Japan and founder of Black Sign (a badass Japanese clothing brand). He told me everything about the history of @langlitzleathers and the Death's Head Cascade jacket. Mr Takanori is the proud owner one of the original late '40s Death Head Cascade jackets of which only 5 were made.

IMG_4153.jpeg
IMG_4168.jpeg

Observe

One Too Many
Today, I had the pleasure of meeting Mr Takanori Okamoto , representative of Langlitz Japan and founder of Black Sign (a badass Japanese clothing brand). He told me everything about the history of @langlitzleathers and the Death's Head Cascade jacket. Mr Takanori is the proud owner one of the original late '40s Death Head Cascade jackets of which only 5 were made.

View attachment 525395 View attachment 525396
Wow, that's awesome. Feel like a bit of a dope following up your post with my (new to me) Sears Oakbrook D pocket but here goes. 20230614_083229.jpg 20230614_083254.jpg

Al 916

One Too Many

and at this point you said cheerio and casually walked out of the shop........

One cool jacket!!

Kenan

A-List Customer
Custom Aero jacket made for Wardrobe 19. It’s a premier half-belt with a sunburst back and contrast stitching. Made in brown CXLHH. Look today is all over the place. 27°C, tank top, a very broken big toe (hence the clogs) and heavy denim. Quite the look.

IMG_8752.jpeg
IMG_8749.jpeg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up

Steel bars behind the windows…. they must have lots of valuables in there.

Deathhead is a totally different pattern than the current Cascade. Again, the Japanese market got the better stuff. Crazy prices though. ¥705,000 . I’d be attempted to make a run for it…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner