Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
Back in the days the style was called a cossack jacket with 'stitched-on half belt'. That's exactly what this rainbow country is imo.

It has nothing to do with a 'riders jacket', the terms single riders makes 0 sense to me.

View attachment 543161
I’ve always assumed the “double” and “single” referred to double breasted and single breasted, like suits. And yes, because they’re motorcycle “riders” jackets, that made sense, too. But now you have me wondering!

Observe

One Too Many
Took a punt on this 1940s goatskin sportclad that was posted in finds and deals. The measurements were spot on for me, but it looked bigger than described, but the price was so low that I figured it was worth the risk.

Glad I did. This jacket is fantastic. Longer than what I normally go for, but its designed that way and I actually quite like it. The leather is ridiculously nice. Feels fresher than any vintage horsehide I've handled.
View attachment 543006 View attachment 543007 View attachment 543008 View attachment 543009 View attachment 543010 View attachment 543011 View attachment 543012 View attachment 543013
Gonna have to change your handle to "actualvintagestyle" soon at this rate of acquisition, haha.

barnabus

One Too Many
27C here ... no jacket

I'm starting to think I run hot.

I haven't worn a jacket at all now for weeks. As I left for work this morning at 630 it was 11° and I'm still just in a t shirt.

Doesn't stop me hoping though. I ordered another jacket at the weekend that should arrive tomorrow, to go unworn into the cupboard for who knows how long.

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I'm starting to think I run hot.

I haven't worn a jacket at all now for weeks. As I left for work this morning at 630 it was 11° and I'm still just in a t shirt.

Doesn't stop me hoping though. I ordered another jacket at the weekend that should arrive tomorrow, to go unwrorn into the cupboard for who knows how long.
now it is even 34C :rolleyes: I should dip my jacket in menthol and install those mobile phone gaming cooling pad fan in my inside pocket powered with usb powerbank... I seriously think it is a viable idea

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Custom j100 IMG_0367.jpeg

now it is even 34C :rolleyes: I should dip my jacket in menthol and install those mobile phone gaming cooling pad fan in my inside pocket powered with usb powerbank... I seriously think it is a viable idea

Let me know if that works! In the meantime, c’mon over to Austin TX- It’s gonna be a 10 degree cooler week at only 40C. Not humid like south fl so i don’t sweat in the shade. But I do feel like some sort of reptile under a heat lamp when out of the shade.

Loving my vests and the Vanson Perf Force channels airflow right into my armpits when riding. Majestic. My huevos are literally resting on a hot plate when idling. Horrible.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I thought about it. But I don't think Shawn has access to all the metal bits needed to build that jacket, from the buckle to all the rivets and spots. It also looks teacore and shiny expensive horsehide.

My best guess is Bill Kelso. Why did he leave us hanging! If this jacket is built by Shawn then I am speechless...

Edit: Or Himel

Last edited:

Mysteryo

One Too Many
I thought about it. But I don't think Shawn has access to all the metal bits needed to build that jacket, from the buckle to all the rivets and spots. It also looks teacore and shiny expensive horsehide.

My best guess is Bill Kelso. Why did he leave us hanging! If this jacket is built by Shawn then I am speechless...

Edit: Or Himel
Hi guys, I’m sorry for replying so slowly, I’m not always connected, and I’m in Europe as you know.
Ok, this jacket is a Chinese repro. I was quite lucky with this one but I had to experience a hit and miss first with this seller.
As I inquired about their sizing they offered to make me a made to measures! Great! I gave them my measurements and within 3 weeks I received a very nice well made jacket in a light tea core leather, but with measure completely off! (As if I hadn’t given any of my measurements), so I got back to them and protested but they wouldn’t refund or replace the jacket. Then after some discussion, they agreed on making me a new one, cheaper price, but with me controlling the products measures before paying.
I also provide them with a sketch and pictures of a jacket that fits me fine, and I think that was the key to have them respect my requirements.
Then I received the jacket and it was a very good surprise: the tea core leather is a tad thicker, the fit is great, and although not being a freewheelers, fountainhead, y’2, it’s now one of my favorites!
I have no clue what leather it is, calf? Cow? But I don’t care.
It cost me around 300€, so it’s pretty satisfying.
I’ll sell the first one they made for me with wrong measures (will fit a large person). The leather is light but very comfortable to wear.
I bought it from RedTornado on AliExpress (they say they have their own factory) but once again, it’s all to chance what leather, hardware you’ll finally get, and be very visual on required sizing…
I hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_3246.jpeg
    IMG_3246.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3247.jpeg
    IMG_3247.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member