Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What's up guys. Any thoughts on whether I'm pulling off this FH SR or not? I like the fit and love the jacket but the sleeves... Always going to be an issue with me with stock jackets because of my height. I treat it with the old "don't give a shit" mentality but I secretly do care perhaps more than I ought to.

Also, this is probably not allowed but check out these engineers I just found. Likely from the 60s or 70s?

Happy Thursday. View attachment 565476 View attachment 565473 View attachment 565474 View attachment 565475
I'm not a fan of short sleeves at all, but it looks really cool on you. It has a bit of a rock star attitude. I'd say you can wear it.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
1701525444678.jpeg

barnabus

One Too Many
A bit of a cold snap here in the UK this week has meant it was -2° for my walk this morning, so I layered up under my (yawn!) M65 with a thermal base layer and a quilted liner vest.

I'd love this jacket to look like it has a bit of wear on it, but even though I'm putting plenty of wear on it* it just doesn't.

IMG_20231202_121413_HDR~3.jpg

*literally every day since I got it. It shrugs off everything.

Yango

One of the Regulars
View attachment 557950
From a trade with @Corky Corcovado. 70’s Levi. Despite being 40 years old the pile is still more plush than a new model. For you purists it also lacks handwarmers. Interestingly it is tagged a size 42. Just fits me in the waist. I am not a 42 in anything modern. 40 tops. My new Medium has much less taper.
I can’t see these jackets anymore without thinking about Frank Gallagher from “Shameless”.

Corky Corcovado

Practically Family

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Well, look at this....
Vintage Caleb V Smith & Son gabardine weave jacket. Cateye buttons with hidden placket.
View attachment 566370 View attachment 566373 View attachment 566372
Beautiful brown gabardine weave that has a golden shimmer in the light.
View attachment 566375
I think I finally found the jacket that inspired this jacket that I tried to buy and have re-made. In the end however, it was simply too far gone. But I still like the style and function and would still enjoy having something re-made like this one...

DSC_0057.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran