Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Some nice aging here!

Sizing - especially with those "high value" jackets is always a pain in the neck for me coz they are available on order only most of the times ...

And ordering online is simply not just "going to a shop and trying different sizes" so it is hard to test whether one size + or minus would work better ...

Yes, isn´t it?

This is basically the HR-55, but in this leather only available via "The Shop Vancouver". So you got the (already high) Price, +20% VAT/Customs plus shipping and handling.

Add a sizing mistake and your ready to kick your own backside until you can´t sit no more...;).

Took my bike in for scheduled maintenance and new shoes in a LW vest.

IMG_0578.jpeg

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Here are some pics of my late 40s-early 50s Buco J22 short model. It's a 20" Back on a size 40. Love how it fits me. Thanks again to @jeo For helping me look over it and discussing pricing eith the dealer. Couldn't be happier with this jacket.

I've been looking for a D pocket for a while and something that actually hits me at my belt line for over a decade now. Finally got it.
DSC01855.jpg
DSC01888.jpg
DSC01893.jpg
DSC01898.jpg
DSC01955.jpg
DSC01920.jpg
DSC01779 (1).jpg
DSC01837.jpg
20240413_211855.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01768.jpg
    DSC01768.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Here are some pics of my late 40s-early 50s Buco J22 short model. It's a 20" Back on a size 40. Love how it fits me. Thanks again to @jeo For helping me look over it and discussing pricing eith the dealer. Couldn't be happier with this jacket.

I've been looking for a D pocket for a while and something that actually hits me at my belt line for over a decade now. Finally got it.
View attachment 607572 View attachment 607573 View attachment 607574 View attachment 607575 View attachment 607577 View attachment 607576 View attachment 607570 View attachment 607571 View attachment 607578

Congrats man, stellar jacket and fit!

Been too warm for anything lately but temps set to cool. Just received this no name suede drug rug from the 70’s. I like the color quite a bit. It’ll see plenty of wear.
IMG_2943.jpeg
IMG_2990.jpeg

Very similar to my Schott rancher without the Sherpa liner. It’s a nice light and silky nylon liner, which I’ve decided is a must. I can’t wear unlined suede.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
LOL. Not a fan? I like the simplicity of these shirt jackets. It’s like wearing a shirt..that’s a jacket…that’s a shirt.
It's good, I like it. Not as much as that two-tone rockabilly masterpiece, but I like it. Given your propensity to move stuff along, however, the odds aren't in your favor. You've been shucking suede like another Chicago icon:
Oprah_Gift.PNG

It's good, I like it. Not as much as that two-tone rockabilly masterpiece, but I like it. Given your propensity to move stuff along, however, the odds aren't in your favor. You've been shucking suede like another Chicago icon:
View attachment 607665
LOL. True but this isn’t even worth selling. It equates to little more than a Jimmys XL sausage/pep. (Delivered).

Yamahana

One Too Many
You also starch your jeans? Saw a tutorial the other day of how you get that crisp and razorsharp edge on them legs ... - it's a science ...
Not I but my good wife does and always has. She’s a fanatic for clothes being sharp and wrinkle free. Uses an industrial strength steam iron, makes her own starch. She’s about as expert as they come. She taught our boys to put razor sharp edges on their wranglers while still in high school
IMG_9533.jpeg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
varnu