Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
@torfjord so glad the jackets finally arrived after all that chaos!

Late '40s Sportclad HH jacket
DSC06475.jpg
DSC06442.jpg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Greetings Panda! Super special Aero Type-3 in Raw Horsehide you have there. I often wondered what one would look like and now I know. I really like my Natural Vicenza Type-3 and it has aged quite well over the year I've had it. Your jacket will become even more spectacular over time I'm sure. Maybe keep a running photo log of the transition from new to seasoned. Lucky you to have such an extensive collection of enviable jackets!
Thanks, your vicenza type 3 inspired me to get a natty one. I think the end results will be similar, some darken honey shade. Going slow on this one, not adding anything just see where it takes me. Be back in about a year to show progress.

Oskinator

New in Town

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
Thanks, your vicenza type 3 inspired me to get a natty one. I think the end results will be similar, some darken honey shade. Going slow on this one, not adding anything just see where it takes me. Be back in about a year to show progress.
Yes, the natural Vicenza is nice but the contrast between that and the Raw horsehide is rather dramatic and I would wonder how the Raw HH would fair with casual wear and picking up every bit of grime. It appears the Raw doesn't have any type of treatment or topcoat to the hide. I'm sure the jacket will transition into a spectacular example of uniqueness that will negate any concern about the vulnerability to dirt/grime. It will be a fun year for you as the jacket matures. Here is a link to the Iron Heart site where they have a forum for those who have a Raw HH Type III - https://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/t...ns-bilt-natural-horsehide-type-iii-jacket/203 - hopefully this does not breach any forum rules/restrictions. Lots of images of Raw HH in transition.

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Yes, the natural Vicenza is nice but the contrast between that and the Raw horsehide is rather dramatic and I would wonder how the Raw HH would fair with casual wear and picking up every bit of grime. It appears the Raw doesn't have any type of treatment or topcoat to the hide. I'm sure the jacket will transition into a spectacular example of uniqueness that will negate any concern about the vulnerability to dirt/grime. It will be a fun year for you as the jacket matures. Here is a link to the Iron Heart site where they have a forum for those who have a Raw HH Type III - https://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/t...ns-bilt-natural-horsehide-type-iii-jacket/203 - hopefully this does not breach any forum rules/restrictions. Lots of images of Raw HH in transition.
I am not a fan of the dirt and grime either. The plan is to give it a wipe down / brushing as often as needed. The raw horsehide already picked up darken spots from the copper buttons, but I wiped them down already. That IH jacket actually turned out ok in the long run imo, only the begining there was a bit of scare with all that denim transfer and some grimes. I bought a bag used, made from raw horsehide, and the seller told me all he did was wipe down whenever it got dirty. There is still gonna be some darker grain spots I suppose but overall it shouldn't scream garbage find. At least that's my best hopes, only time will tell. This is what I want to achieve in a bout a year or two time, Fingers crossed...
IMG_9948.JPG

IMG_9949.JPG

soundwavvves

One of the Regulars
Excellent fit! The sleeves are plenty long on that jacket.
Thank you! Yeah the sleeves are more than adequate on this one. They’re actually plenty long on the other one too, but the zipper determines whether they go all the way to the knuckles or stop at the wrist which is cool.

That’s a really nice jacket. A one star repro. Who makes that jacket?
Toys McCoy makes it and it really is a stellar jacket. TMJ2417 - Durable Code 33

personally I would prefer the size below, but the viewers are not the wearers...
I couldn’t stop wondering how the next size up would fit by comparison so I had to do a side by side. And I was hoping there would be an immediate winner but both are great and now I’m just very conflicted haha

10/10. While I do believe you pull off the smaller one like a Rockstar, this is exactly the fit I would be aiming for.
Thanks man yeah the smaller one feels like it was tailored to my frame but I really like the slightly oversized fit on this one. I’ll end up keeping one and listing the other in the classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran