Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Just started The Paradise, the BBC drama about a Victorian era department store. We've used up Lark Rise, Land Girls, and London Hospital, and we're waiting for Downton Abbey, and Call the Midwife. With Person of Interest off for summer, all we've got is 24, half off.

Watched two episodes of Penny Dreadful...I want to like the show but am still not quite on board yet.. hoping things pick up.
That happened to me with The Walking Dead. I watched the first two seasons and kept wanting to like it, but ultimately realized I was so disinterested that I hadn't even bothered to commit any of the characters' names to memory so I stopped watching.

So far I'm enjoying Penny Dreadful, but we're only three episodes in and at this point I don't see it becoming one of those "must have" shows that I'd watch repeatedly on DVD/Blu-Ray.

Horace Debussy Jones

A-List Customer
I just watched a mini documentary entitled "Men at Lunch". All about the 11 working stiffs who were immortalized in that iconic photograph from 1932 as they were on their lunch break sitting atop a steel beam about 800 feet above New York City. It was during the building of Rockefeller Center and the show tried to identify the men in the photo as well as the photographer(s) responsible for the image. A few possible IDs,..but the details are still shrouded in the smog of history.

I just watched a mini documentary entitled "Men at Lunch". All about the 11 working stiffs who were immortalized in that iconic photograph from 1932 as they were on their lunch break sitting atop a steel beam about 800 feet above New York City. It was during the building of Rockefeller Center and the show tried to identify the men in the photo as well as the photographer(s) responsible for the image. A few possible IDs,..but the details are still shrouded in the smog of history.

I saw this a week or two ago and thoroughly enjoy it. You described it well, but it also did a great job of setting the feel and vibe of NYC in the 30s. Wonderfully done.

Feraud

Bartender
That happened to me with The Walking Dead. I watched the first two seasons and kept wanting to like it, but ultimately realized I was so disinterested that I hadn't even bothered to commit any of the characters' names to memory so I stopped watching.

So far I'm enjoying Penny Dreadful, but we're only three episodes in and at this point I don't see it becoming one of those "must have" shows that I'd watch repeatedly on DVD/Blu-Ray.

You were more than fair in giving TWD two seasons. It's safe to say the show wasn't for you.

We're going to watch episode 3 of Penny Dreadful tonight. I'm hoping the show gets better. Or I come around..or whatever. ;)

You must be missing something because Walking Dead is ok to me. :p

Greyryder

One of the Regulars

Sounds like me, with Battlestar Galactica. I made it a couple of seasons in, and realized that I didn't like any of these people. So, I stopped watching.

You were more than fair in giving TWD two seasons. It's safe to say the show wasn't for you...
Which is strange because, as my username implies, I like a good zombie movie. But then, I've had a lot of people recommend zombie movies that weren't to my liking, so I suppose it's just a matter of preference.

You must be missing something because Walking Dead is ok to me. :p
I wish I knew what that "something" was, because it seems everyone likes the show but me. [huh]

Sounds like me, with Battlestar Galactica. I made it a couple of seasons in, and realized that I didn't like any of these people. So, I stopped watching.
And I liked Battlestar Galactica. Horses for courses, as they say. lol

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Which is strange because, as my username implies, I like a good zombie movie. But then, I've had a lot of people recommend zombie movies that weren't to my liking, so I suppose it's just a matter of preference.

I wish I knew what that "something" was, because it seems everyone likes the show but me.
I like the show, but it has plenty of substantial weaknesses. It helps to want to like something. Sons of Anarchy got more than a pilot, and to anyone with an unbiased perspective, that is mindboggling.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
D-Day's Sunken Secrets. Really good! I did not know, most of the ships in the channel at Normandy were sunk after June 6th. The computer generated images of the Mulberries was incredible, would love to go their and experience the 3d version!

The pilot episode of Crossbones. This new series operates on the premise that Edward "Blackbeard" Teach (played by John Malkovich) was not killed as history records, but escaped and has established himself as "Commodore" of the island of New Providence in the Bahamas, attempting to operate "off the radar" of the Royal Navy until he's ready to re-introduce himself to the world. But there are those in the Royal Navy who are aware of his existence, and have sent an agent under orders to infiltrate Blackbeard's operation and terminate him if possible.

It's far too soon to determine whether or not this series will be a "success", and it's Friday night time slot (traditionally considered to be a "graveyard slot" with small audiences for network television in America) seems to suggest NBC doesn't have much faith in the show, but I like what I've seen so far.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
From my perspective Sons of Anarchy was The Sopranos with motorcycles, and I didn't care for The Sopranos. lol
Except that The Sopranos had: acting, writing, characters, story, and dialog. I wasn't the biggest Sopranos fan, but it was high quality in many aspects. There isn't a single thing about Sons of Anarchy that functions at a high level, except how exceptionally bad everything is. If not for the false motif, no one would watch it.

Lee Hutch

New in Town
I'm finishing up the last season of Friday Night Lights. I watched all the other seasons and never got the chance to finish it. Good series, but then again, I'm from Texas so I might be biased.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
I'm finishing up the last season of Friday Night Lights. I watched all the other seasons and never got the chance to finish it. Good series, but then again, I'm from Texas so I might be biased.
I think it is a great one, and I find the whole Texas thing a lot strange. No bias necessary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany