Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
But I do think they bungled the end of the Stan/Nina plot: one minute he's wearing a wire to get info on Echo, the next he's kissing her off with a note? It seemed like there's a scene missing.
I can see that, but I think they tried to give us an implied change. The dream sequence, the image of the Russian he murdered, the visual of his wife in bed with someone else, the officer saying something like "the fate of the world is in those jumbled numbers and words" (I can't remember the line, but it was significant), helping balance the Reagan photo, etc. They all show Stan is in existential crisis, the loss of self, and Stan finding his bearings. At the other end, Paige is finding herself and beginning to define who she will become. And then Nina still sitting at her desk and making the decision to stay, though she had other options beyond Stan and the KGB because of the envelop of cash. The whole episode was really about "where are your loyalties, and who are you really?"

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
As some web recappers noted, Stan's dream also included Martha stealing files from atop the mail robot. So he knows that she's spying, at least subconsciously!

And yeah, I can see why Stan made his decision, but his thinking could have been made a little more explicit. Still, a fine end to a great season.

The Americans. Now that was a smart season finale. Season 2 wasn't as fun as the first season, but the story was quite good in the second season.

I enjoyed season 2 more than 1 as I thought the story - as you said - got more interesting. The view into the internal workings of the Soviet embassy, the love triangle between the FBI agent and the two embassy workers and Page's slow realization that something isn't right with her parents - amidst all the usual intrigue and espionage - made season 2 more fun and personal I thought. And agreed - smart and interesting season finale. I'm surprised this show doesn't get more press / seem more popular.

Svengoolie.
I can't remember the name of the movie but it had some pretty crappy looking dinosaurs in it.
It was so bad that only my 5 year old daughter stayed with it til the end, and I think that was only because she was so pumped up that she got to stay up late for the scary movie.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

UFC 173 Prelims.
HD

After dominating the first four rounds, T.J. Dillashaw continues to dominate in the fifth round before knocking out the the champion, Renan Barão. Barão had won thirty-two consecutive bouts over a nine year span since losing his first professional bout back in 2005. Team Alpha Male finally breaks the wall and wins a UFC title.
:D

Svengoolie.
I can't remember the name of the movie but it had some pretty crappy looking dinosaurs in it.
It was so bad that only my 5 year old daughter stayed with it til the end, and I think that was only because she was so pumped up that she got to stay up late for the scary movie.
The Land Unknown (1957). It was originally planned to be a big-budget "A" movie with Jack Arnold directing, but Universal cut the budget drastically while it was still in pre-production changing it to a low-budget "B" movie, and Arnold backed out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes