Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Glad you responded James, but as you hear, mainly crickets in the background.
Yes but they are ELECTRIC crickets. :D
I read up on him, since you mentioned his name.
Very interesting man, in fact so influential that Einstein had a picture of him on his wall.
Without Faraday, and scientists like him, we'd still be heating our food over a campfire, and using sticks to hunt.

Just when I am sick and tired of stupid TV shows, Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey, proves, not all television is a vast waist land! If you are reading this, you owe it to the subject of tonight's episode, Michael Faraday (1791-1867). Born in England, to extreme poverty, with almost no education, he rose up the ranks of science and changed the world for ever! Unfortunately, probably of little interest on the Lounge.

It's significant to note that many of the great scientific discoveries were made by amateur scientists for whom science was a hobby rather than government or corporate boffins.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Escape from Nazi Alcatraz, PBS. They made the glider like the British prisoners at Colditz Castle. Then they saw if they could launch it from the Castle, and fly it to the clearing across the stream. The original never flew, since the Americans liberated the prison on April 16, 1945.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The last episode of Civil War: The Untold Story. Lee had to know he had lost the war when Sherman made a left turn in Georgia and was sweeping in behind him with 100,000 men! Nice to see the war in the West covered in detail. So many important battles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff