Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Because you're starved for good programming?
How can anyone in 2014 be starved for good programming? It's crazy how many quality shows are currently running or are in next-season production. Causes me to wonder how garbage like Sons of Anarchy continues to get renewed, but let's not digress.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
RE: Hell on Wheels
I really like that series. It gets better each year.
I have to disagree here. I enjoy the program, but I liked the grand arc style of season one more than the disjointed, almost episode-to-episode isolation of season two. But I admit I prefer season-long arcs over dramas that make each hour their own occurrence. They tried to straddle the two approaches in season two, and I feel the overall story suffered a great deal because of it.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Missed it darn it! I was out voted by Lady ToE. Hopefully, I will be able to watch it online.
:D
You should be able to.
Then again, it might come back on. Check the listings.
I missed the one in July. So I'll have to do what you're going to do. :D
BTW, Dead Man's Folly was filmed at Agatha Christie's holiday home, Greenway.
Kind of a neat connection, give this is one of her stories and one of her characters.
Yeah I know, they planed it this way. ;)

You should be able to.
Then again, it might come back on. Check the listings.
I missed the one in July. So I'll have to do what you're going to do. :D
BTW, Dead Man's Folly was filmed at Agatha Christie's holiday home, Greenway.
Kind of a neat connection, give this is one of her stories and one of her characters.
Yeah I know, they planed it this way. ;)

I found the one from July (The Big Four) on Demand earlier tonight and watched it once again. So, if you have Comcast/xfinity, you can watch it without going to PBS online.
:D

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The Men Who Brought the Dawn. Interviews with the surviving member of The Enola Gay, Hiroshima and Bock's Car, Nagasaki. The interviews were mainly conducted on the 50th anniversary, with the last crew member of the Enola Gay passing away it was time to release it. One bit of information that has been lost with time was, Major General Uzal Girard Ent met with Lieutenant Colonel Paul Tibbets on September 1944 in Colorado Springs , Colorado at 2nd Air Force Headquarters. He gave the command for Tibbets to select targets to drop two Atomic bombs simultaneously, one on Germany and one on Japan! Germany surrendered before a bomb was ready. Any one that thinks they would not have dropped the bombs if they had been there in 1945 is just fooling them selves, it was a no brainer for the crews.

Feraud

Bartender
We started Prison Break on Netflix and are halfway through season 2. Boy if this show doesn't rely on cliched writing and constant deus ex machina!
One redeeming factor is it doesn't need to push gratuitous violence and pointless sex scenes just because they can.

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
PBS news hour. The only non-biased and non-sensational news on TV. No stupid music in the background, no talking with their hands, no dramatization. Just news, the way news should always be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic