Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Ring, ring, ring

Fading Fast: "Hello?"

Taboo: "This is the TV show 'Taboo' calling?"

Fading Fast: "Hey, I just watched you last night, nice work, keep it up."

Taboo: "Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed me."

Fading Fast: "Er, Um, a few less commercials would be nice (in sotto voce) even though I DVR'd the show and sped through them, there were still a lot of them and pretty long ones at that."

Taboo: "I'll see what I can do since the writers, directors and actors all work for free, the producers put up their money as charity and the sets and location shots don't cost us anything, nor does the army of set workers and other operational support get paid. Hence, I apologize, for the inconvenience of advertising which you subverted by recording the show anyway."

Fading Fast: (appropriately cowed) "Sorry?, can I send you a check or something"

Taboo: "No, of course not, and sorry to come down hard on you, but it's a little frustrating to constantly hear the complaining. It's hard enough to get people to watch a show with the bazillion options out there and then to hear grousing about a few lousy commercials [muttered very softly by Fading Fast: 'a few?'] that allow us to MAYBE keep the show on the air."

Fading Fast: "It's really cool that Oolin Chaplin is Charlie Chaplin's granddaughter."

Taboo (jumping in excitedly): "I know, and she can act and she brings an almost ugly-pretty pulchritude that keeps you off balance - she's the real deal."

Fading Fast: "A bit visceral, but the scene in the whore house where the 'Madame' was 'tired' of her 'work' was well done."

Taboo: "Not easy to make an old joke new, but I thought I pulled it off."

Fading Fast: "And great use of the under-appreciated David Hayman as Brace"

Taboo: "There's character and mystery in everyone of those well-etched wrinkles, but wait, I didn't call to chat."

Fading Fast (a bit hurt): "But this is so much fun."

Taboo (all business): "I need you to do me a small favor."

Fading Fast (eagerly): "Sure, I'm a writer, can I write an episode for you?" (voice squeaking a bit)

Taboo (tiredly): "Uh, I'm good there right now, I'll keep it in mind (said not convincingly), but I would like you to ask Worf and Amateis Gal to start watching me. Knowing their type of show, their love of history, their love of complex drama with nuanced characters carrying emotional baggage, I'm thinking they'd really enjoy me."

Fading Fast: "You are definitely their kind of show, I'll reach out to them. Hey, about writing an episode....."

Taboo (cutting in and in a hurried voice): "Oh, I'm about to shoot a scene, gotta run, but thanks for your help."

Click

Fading Fast (sadly, um, really, pathetically and pleadingly): "Thank you, call back, please."

Last edited:

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Supernatural. Quite the ride! They've been greenlit for another season - Season 13. I wonder how much longer they can keep going?

Awesome news! Even my wife keeps saying "surely they can't keep this going"!

I'm definitely going to press them to do one episode set in Canada again, this time working with Canuck hunters against hockey playing vamps...

I
This was a popular show in the wardroom during my naval deployment, but I just could not get into it, and I love me a good pirate tale!

Just didn't speak to me for some reason, but glad you're enjoying it!
could not get into it for the first two seasons, but I am enjoying the third season enough; especially since it is free.
:D
And since there is no more Narcos.

Ring, ring, ring

Fading Fast: "Hello?"

Taboo: "This is the TV show 'Taboo' calling?"

Fading Fast: "Hey, I just watched you last night, nice work, keep it up."

Taboo: "Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed me."

Fading Fast: "Er, Um, a few less commercials would be nice (in sotto voce) even though I DVR'd the show and sped through them, there were still a lot of them and pretty long ones at that."

Taboo: "I'll see what I can do since the writers, directors and actors all work for free, the producers put up their money as charity and the sets and location shots don't cost us anything, nor does the army of set workers and other operational support get paid. Hence, I apologize, for the inconvenience of advertising which you subverted by recording the show anyway."

Fading Fast: (appropriately cowed) "Sorry?, can I send you a check or something"

Taboo: "No, of course not, and sorry to come down hard on you, but it's a little frustrating to constantly hear the complaining. It's hard enough to get people to watch a show with the bazillion options out there and then to hear grousing about a few lousy commercials [muttered very softly by Fading Fast: 'a few?'] that allow us to MAYBE keep the show on the air."

Fading Fast: "It's really cool that Oolin Chaplin is Charlie Chaplin's granddaughter."

Taboo (jumping in excitedly): "I know, and she can act and she brings an almost ugly-pretty pulchritude that keeps you off balance - she's the real deal."

Fading Fast: "A bit visceral, but the scene in the whore house where the 'Madame' was 'tired' of her 'work' was well done."

Taboo: "Not easy to make an old joke new, but I thought I pulled it off."

Fading Fast: "And great use of the under-appreciated David Hayman as Brace"

Taboo: "There's character and mystery in everyone of those well-etched wrinkles, but wait, I didn't call to chat."

Fading Fast (a bit hurt): "But this is so much fun."

Taboo (all business): "I need you to do me a small favor."

Fading Fast (eagerly): "Sure, I'm a writer, can I write an episode for you?" (voice squeaking a bit)

Taboo (tiredly): "Uh, I'm good there right now, I'll keep it in mind (said not convincingly), but I would like you to ask Worf and Amateis Gal to start watching me. Knowing their type of show, their love of history, their love of complex drama with nuanced characters carrying emotional baggage, I'm thinking they'd really enjoy me."

Fading Fast: "You are definitely their kind of show, I'll reach out to them. Hey, about writing an episode....."

Taboo (cutting in and in a hurried voice): "Oh, I'm about to shoot a scene, gotta run, but thanks for your help."

Click

Fading Fast (sadly, um, really, pathetically and pleadingly): "Thank you, call back, please."
Thank you for reminding me that we have an episode of Taboo to watch?
:D

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The Big Bang Theory. Any one else notice the sound of Bernadette and Howard's baby crying? I am wondering if maybe we will never actually see her, just hear her like the late great Miss. Wolowitz?

The Big Bang Theory. Any one else notice the sound of Bernadette and Howard's baby crying? I am wondering if maybe we will never actually see her, just hear her like the late great Miss. Wolowitz?
I read in an online article (around the time the episode aired in which Bernadette gave birth to baby Halley) that their intent was to do exactly that; it's their version of a tribute/homage to the late Carol Ann Susi (the actress who provided Mrs. Wolowitz' voice). We'll hear her, but not see her.

Fortunately we get the FX network! But the commercials are just killing me - they average FOUR MINUTES a shot!

The sarcastic comments of some notwithstanding, this is overkill...
Even though it was originally aired this past Tuesday, it was not on Demand which is odd and rare. If we had stayed up to after midnight, we could have watched it, but that was not going to happen. As for the commercials, they annoy the heck out of us as well. Maybe we have been spoiled, but I don't believe that is it. It seems as if there is as much time dedicated to commercials as there is show. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24