Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Toasted sourdough English muffin (buttered) with two slices of hickory smoked ham & a slice of American cheese*. Cup of Meyer lemon tea for me, espresso with a splash of whole milk for Hubby, apple juice for Lily.

*Hubby's developed an allergy to eggs, so we are trying non-egg breakfasts that might work for a to-go breakfast for work mornings. Fingers crossed this works! Also has to be balanced for his diabetic needs.

Toasted sourdough English muffin (buttered) with two slices of hickory smoked ham & a slice of American cheese*. Cup of Meyer lemon tea for me, espresso with a splash of whole milk for Hubby, apple juice for Lily.

*Hubby's developed an allergy to eggs, so we are trying non-egg breakfasts that might work for a to-go breakfast for work mornings. Fingers crossed this works! Also has to be balanced for his diabetic needs.

A new curveball for Hubby - seriously, I'm sorry, as the diabetes is enough to deal with. Luckily, he has super wife (apparently beamed in from the same planet as super girlfriend) to help him deal with it all. Your breakfast sounds lovely*.

Super girlfriend surprised me this morning with a bowl of mashed potatoes (leftover from last night), with a volcano-type sinkhole on top in which she installed a sunny side-up egg - butter, salt and pepper completed the pipping hot mountain of yumminess. That was just less than five hours ago and I'm still not the least bit hungry.

* Modified from "The Way We Were." N.B., if I had been Robert Redford in that movie, I would have chosen any woman on earth - any single one - over Barbara Streisand. Heck, I could have learned to live without women if that was the only option. Otherwise, fine movie.

Cheese grits, hashbrowns with gravy, coffee, and a chocolate cake donut with multicolor sprinkles on top

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Harp

I'll Lock Up
* Modified from "The Way We Were." N.B., if I had been Robert Redford in that movie, I would have chosen any woman on earth - any single one - over Barbara Streisand. Heck, I could have learned to live without women if that was the only option. Otherwise, fine movie.

The last scene, where Redford and his wife run into Babs during a street protest always gets to me----just can't help thinking they were right for each other....:(
________

Starbucks coffee and sports page. I was pulling for Northwestern but the Cats do not seem ready for madness.:(

The last scene, where Redford and his wife run into Babs during a street protest always gets to me----just can't help thinking they were right for each other....:(...:(

I was being a bit cheeky just trying to express that her character in the movie grated on my nerves.

To be sure, they had an strong-and-deep attraction for each other despite their obvious differences. I kinda thought it played out right in the end. They loved each other, but didn't belong together. They would probably, for the rest of their lives, have a twinge of regret / remorse when they thought of the other, but also knew, at a rational level, that their relationship wouldn't have worked.

Most of us have one or a few relationships like that in our past. You have a strong attraction, you love that person - it is (hopefully) mutual - but you can't reconcile some core difference in something - goals, priorities, what have you - that, unfortunately, breaks you up. You think about that person with emotion and some sadness years and decades later even if you know, ultimately, you made the right decision.

I believe the scene you reference was conveying just that. He's a go-along-get-along good guy who enjoyed that Streisand took him out of his comfort zone, but her always-on anger and rebellion eventually exhausted him. She loved his confidence, his ease, his nonchalance and his respect of her passion - and that he saw his world, pretty much, for what it was - but he didn't have enough fire in the belly for her. They did love each other, they did want to be together, but they were fundamentally unsuited. That last scene where he walked away for a moment from his la-di-da Plaza wedding to greet her as she worked the radical pamphleteering table in the park said it all. Two fundamentally different worlds - touching but not intersection.

MrHenryCube

New in Town
My first reaction was what the heck is eggs allergy, but it really exists and I'm shocked (http://stopallergyguide.com/egg-allergy/) sounds not pleasant. i'm so sorry for you guys.
I know what allergy is. I have an allergy to peanut but fortunately I didn't have to eat breakfasts with it.
My morning routine is to cook myself pancakes and do some coffee, that's all)))

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
My first reaction was what the heck is eggs allergy, but it really exists and I'm shocked (http://stopallergyguide.com/egg-allergy/) sounds not pleasant. i'm so sorry for you guys.
I know what allergy is. I have an allergy to peanut but fortunately I didn't have to eat breakfasts with it.
My morning routine is to cook myself pancakes and do some coffee, that's all)))
Hubby's allergy comes in the gastrointestinal variety. Most unpleasant. Good news is that eliminating the eggs has helped greatly!

A peanut butter sandwich warmed up in the microwave - really brought out the peanut buttery-ness of it. I'll be doing that again. Had a small bowl of yogurt with fresh blueberries and strawberries on the side and a glass of milk (albeit with U-Bet syrup) and that completed the most healthy meal I've eaten since the introduction of wi-fi.

A slice of apple pie and a cup of coffee followed by a slice of cherry pie and another cup of coffee.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Peanut butter on a brioche roll warmed in the microwave with Marshmallow Fluff added (trial and error taught me that Fluff can almost vaporize in a microwave [it becomes a Fluff lava flow], but added afterwards, melts nicely from the heat of the already warmed peanut butter).

A tall glass of U-Bet Chocolate mile on the side.

Enjoyed it so much, I might repeat the experience for lunch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass