Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

Scots porridge, a banana and coffee.
Had to Google that. Pretty typical around here too, just call it something different. I prefer my oatmeal without a bunch of sugar or maple syrup or any of that. Salt and maybe a little butter works for me. Folks down here think that's odd.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

...I prefer my oatmeal without a bunch of sugar or maple syrup or any of that. Salt and maybe a little butter works for me. Folks down here think that's odd.
That's okay. I prefer my grits with a little sugar because they remind me of Malt-O-Meal. If I ever ate them that way down south I'd probably be lynched. :p

That's okay. I prefer my grits with a little sugar because they remind me of Malt-O-Meal. If I ever ate them that way down south I'd probably be lynched. :p
Maybe just a funny look. I know plenty of folks (some of them even native southerners) that put sugar in their grits.

Now, if you were to order up a bowl of malt-o-meal though........

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Starbucks Pike's Roast, croissants, and the sports page. The Irish meet Princeton Thursday, and Cinderella Northwestern dances with Vanderbilt.:D

Corned beef and cabbage.

Briskets were on sale cheap at the supermarket last night, but by time I got home it was too late to fix it for St. Patty's supper, so I stuck it in the slow cooker with carrots and potatoes, onions and garlic, and cabbage of course. Was planning on having it for dinner later but when I woke up it smelled so good I had to go a head and get some.

Finished it off with coffee and a cinnamon roll from the grocery store bakery. I had bought those last night, too, thinking I'd have one for breakfast. No need to let it go to waste.

I don't even know what "fried fat back" is, but I still want in as the rest of it sounds awesome and when is anything fried not good?
It's similar to bacon, only cut from the back of the hog, not the belly.

This morning I had leftover pizza. Straight from the 'fridge, of course.

It's similar to bacon, only cut from the back of the hog, not the belly.

This morning I had leftover pizza. Straight from the 'fridge, of course.

"similar to bacon," I'm in!

God, Mom, apple pie, baseball and pizza-from-the-fridge-for-breakfast - yup, that about covers it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda