Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

EliasRDA

One of the Regulars
Since I'm more willing to cook today (mint julip aside) I decided to try making chicken & slippery dumplings. I grew up on bisquick dumplings but have grown found of the slippery dumplings that is prevelant here in suckit county. They remind me of a flat noodle, but not quite like pasta.
So, cooking the chicken down while I work the noodles out. Makes me wish some of the older church ladies that make it would sneak me their recipe, heh.

Looks like tommorrow nite will be beef tips strognaoff (yeah, know I screwed that spelling up) before the sr cream goes bad, least the beef is in the freezer so it will keep.

EliasRDA

One of the Regulars
I'm supposed to eat sugar free stuff but I refuse too, I'm gonna die anyway so I might as well die happy. If its early then some doctor thinnks it should be, oh well.

They seem to refuse to accept the fact I've lived through 3 accidents that should have killed me, I just say I'm here to be a PITA as long as possible. Sides, heaven doesnt want me & the devil is sure I'm gonna take over. 8P

Carne adobado (or adovado, depending on where you're from) cooked all night in the crock pot. Homemade Spanish rice. I was downtown for my daughter's dance recital today so I stopped by the farmer's market and got fresh tomatos, jalapenos, limes, and avacodos to go with it.

In the winter this dish is good over garlic/chile mashed potatos.

Carne adobado (or adovado, depending on where you're from) cooked all night in the crock pot. Homemade Spanish rice. I was downtown for my daughter's dance recital today so I stopped by the farmer's market and got fresh tomatos, jalapenos, limes, and avacodos to go with it.

In the winter this dish is good over garlic/chile mashed potatos.

I cannot decide whether to stop by your house or HD's and impose/freeload for dinner; both sound equally great. Maybe I'll stop by HD's on the way to yours.
:D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Should've used cheese and left off the onion.
I need to find low carb buns. No bun makes eating burgers hard!
You get used to it.
Natures Own has a product out called something thins.
You'll see them, they're round and a lot thinner than regular bread.
Check the carb count on those.
At one time we ate those here, then just got out of the habit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic