Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Chopped steak, mashed potatoes, bread; Chicago's a bit cooler today, still feels like Indian Summer but Autumn's approach can be sensed.
Cubs couldawouldashoulda clinched last nite in St Louis, Arrieta had an off night, Martinez who led the Cards, pitched ditto. A good game but lacking for Chicago.
Heyward hit a homer. Augurs for a clinch tonite. In the Cards own house.:D

Costco roast chicken, asparagus and a skillet corn bread with black pepper, cheddar and I add some diced jalapeno peppers. I would just eat the corn bread but fashion dictates I eat a balanced diet!!! Eat more greens my wife exclaims and I reply but the corn bread has those green jalapenos.....no response.

Costco roast chicken, asparagus and a skillet corn bread with black pepper, cheddar and I add some diced jalapeno peppers. I would just eat the corn bread but fashion dictates I eat a balanced diet!!! Eat more greens my wife exclaims and I reply but the corn bread has those green jalapenos.....no response.

All the new gender theories can say what they want, there are gender differences as I agree with you, but super girlfriend is more like your wife as she doesn't credit me for several vegetables or fruits that I think deserve credit:
  • The lettuce and tomato on a cheeseburger
  • The fruit in fruit cake (it has "fruit" in its name for God's sake)
  • The avocados and other green, red and yellow vegetables in guacamole
  • The blueberries in blueberry pancakes
  • Any chocolate-covered fruit (I love those chocolate-covered orange and pineapple slices)
I could go on, but you get the point.

And don't get me started on why she refuses to even acknowledge the oranges that go into making Russell Stover's chocolate-covered orange marshmallow pumpkins. Sure, if she peeled me one and I ate an orange it would count, but somehow, when it is peeled and, then, mixed in with marshmallow and chocolate it becomes no good.

Pasta and salad.

Gangsta style ;)

5a23b9408594271e7782f8b6016422ef.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

⇧ Many good things here
  • Nice plates
  • Girlfriend or wife is a good sport - great expression on her face
  • That's not Ginger Ale in the glass - I'm guessing red wine? (Wine on counter is the giveaway)
  • Is that a bowl of bacon I spy for 1mach1 to add in as the girlfriend / wife is a healthier eater?
  • Dog peaking over the table - very cute
Looks like you guys had a fun night

EstherWeis

Vendor
⇧ Many good things here
  • Nice plates
  • Girlfriend or wife is a good sport - great expression on her face
  • That's not Ginger Ale in the glass - I'm guessing red wine? (Wine on counter is the giveaway)
  • Is that a bowl of bacon I spy for 1mach1 to add in as the girlfriend / wife is a healthier eater?
  • Dog peaking over the table - very cute
Looks like you guys had a fun night

To answer some of the points above :)

*plates belong to Harv's sister
*we both are incredibly silly,see?
9b030a48075121349e8612e3dd9f760a.jpg

*I always drink 2 or 3 things at the same time. Don't know why. Always been that way.
*No, we had a vegetarian ( poor soul!) at the table, I eat double the amount he does.

It was a great time :)

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Thursday night: take out pad Thai from our favorite local restaurant.

Friday night: chicken-bacon-cheese filled pasta in homemade Alfredo sauce, broccoli.

Saturday: pork bahn mi burger (ground pork, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, lime juice, sambal, cilantro mixed together, formed into patties, cooked in sesame oil) on Kaiser rolls with cilantro lime mayo, quick pickles (seasoned rice vinegar, sugar, salt, thinly sliced English cucumber), and extra crispy crinkle cut fries on the side.

Tonight: beef meatloaf, roasted sweet potatoes, spinach or Brussels sprouts.

Salmon filets sauteed in olive oil and butter, rice, and steamed broccoli, with pineapple slices from a can for dessert

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thursday night: take out pad Thai from our favorite local restaurant.

Friday night: chicken-bacon-cheese filled pasta in homemade Alfredo sauce, broccoli.

Saturday: pork bahn mi burger (ground pork, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, lime juice, sambal, cilantro mixed together, formed into patties, cooked in sesame oil) on Kaiser rolls with cilantro lime mayo, quick pickles (seasoned rice vinegar, sugar, salt, thinly sliced English cucumber), and extra crispy crinkle cut fries on the side.

Tonight: beef meatloaf, roasted sweet potatoes, spinach or Brussels sprouts.
All I saw was "BACON!"
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy