Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Today was the kids birthday, so she chose the menu. I made three meat meatloaf...

Sweet.:)
I have to pick up some ground turkey and other ingredients to follow a recipe found on the back of a Stove Top stuffing box.
But, I am lazy and also bringing home a pound of paperwork I need to plow through over the weekend.:(

Sweet.:)
I have to pick up some ground turkey and other ingredients to follow a recipe found on the back of a Stove Top stuffing box.
But, I am lazy and also bringing home a pound of paperwork I need to plow through over the weekend.:(

Thanks, Harp. It was good but for what I spent on all of the ingredients, plus spending all afternoon in the kitchen, a dinner at a nice chophouse would have been much easier and would not have cost more. Good luck with that recipe and the paperwork. Go Cubs.

Today was the kids birthday, so she chose the menu. I made three meat meatloaf, roast garlic smashed potatoes and haricot vert. I made a chocolate cake with a ganache icing. I write this just before I enter a food induced coma.
Happy late b'day to the kid!

Had dinner at grandma's this evening...baked ham, fresh turnip greens (cooked with a big chunk of that ham) navy beans, creamed corn, and cornbread. Banana pudding to finish it off.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Roast chicken with all the trimmings, followed tiramisu. I can resist anything except temptation. Did I mention the prosecco wine? If you've never tried tiramusu here's what you are missing. tiramisu.jpg

Attachments

• tiramisu.jpg
    tiramisu.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 95
The kid gives me an update every day on what day it is, as in, "National Pirate Day" or whatever. You get the idea. Yesterday was National Cheeseburger Day so when I asked her what she wanted for dinner..... We had oven roasted fries with them. PBR was my beverage of choice.

The kid gives me an update every day on what day it is, as in, "National Pirate Day" or whatever. You get the idea. Yesterday was National Cheeseburger Day so when I asked her what she wanted for dinner..... We had oven roasted fries with them. PBR was my beverage of choice.

That's a fun family activity that we also do occasionally when the day (since nearly everyday celebrates some food as declared by either our pandering politicians or a self-promoting industry group) aligns to some food we like.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Wolfed down a pound of rare Italian roast beef purchased enroute home last nite; caught Monday Night Football, Lions vs Giants
with Boomer Esiason's always on target analysis. May opt for pub grub whatever's in the kitchen for tonite's Cubs vs Rays game.:)

Wolfed down a pound of rare Italian roast beef purchased enroute home last nite; caught Monday Night Football, Lions vs Giants
with Boomer Esiason's always on target analysis. May opt for pub grub whatever's in the kitchen for tonite's Cubs vs Rays game.:)

Did you really eat a full pound of meat? I like Esiason too, but am confused as to why Simms lost his job doing games - I thought he was really good at it and was part of the top team. How did he go from top team to out / not even downgraded to second team (they need several teams to cover all the games)? I never read a good explanation for that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21