Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's On Your MUST SEE New Movie List?

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I just saw The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo with my daughter this past week. Excellent movie. Great characters, plot, etc.

I also want to see The Hobbit, and the new Mission Impossible flick. I'm also a big fan of the Underworld series and can't wait for the new one.

O2BSwank

One of the Regulars
I just saw the new Misssion Impossible this evening in IMAX. The film technique and effects are amazing but the story line is just so-so. Maybe I'm just getting old, lots of noise and flash just don't impress me much. For the most part the new releases don't grab my attention and the two movies I had looked forward to seeing: The Lincoln Lawyer, and Water for Elephants were story driven. I went with my family and my two grown kids,(18 and 23) and they seemed to enjoy it. My wife (and even myself) are looking to seeing the new Sherlock Holmes movie. I think my wife and a lot of other women just want to see Robert Downey Jr.!

Edward

Bartender
I'm not much motivated about cinema at the minute. Of what I'm aware is currently out, I want to see The Artists. Not sure about Warhorse - Spielberg I find weak more often than not (I especially loathe the type of mawkish, cloying sentimentality that is something of a trade mark in too many of his works), so while I'd be interested to see the film, I want to see the stage show first and not risk having it ruined for me by the film.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Next on my DVD wish list are Super 8 and Kill List - there are a few more that I can't think of right now - our local DVD shop closed down a few months ago so we have to go further afield to get DVDs but there are a batch of new movies out that I want to see so it's worth walking just that bit further!

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just saw The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo with my daughter this past week. Excellent movie. Great characters, plot, etc.

I've seen it.
Well, not IT, but this one:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1132620/
it's pretty much the same.. just original. :)
The movie title confused me, in my country they are promoting it as "Men who hate women".. but, as soon as I've seen the trailer I realized: Seen it.. just on Swedish. ;)

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Time to resurrect this thread!

I'm eager to see:

THE WATER DIVINER (World War I with Russell Crowe)
THE AGE OF ADALINE (girl has accident in 1930s and becomes ageless)
CHILD 44 - (Soviet-era Russia with Tom Hardy)
WOMEN IN GOLD (Helen Mirran recovering her aunt's stolen WW2 art)

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
In addition to the latest Avengers, looking far forward to seeing SPECTRE and the next Star Wars. Will have to wait for the new year though, I'll be deployed at sea when they're both finally released!

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
"The Man from U.N.C.L.E.," of course; August 14. Almost everything I've seen and heard about the film makes it sound like a good solid thriller. Even if it won't be a true continuation of the TV series and its characters -- and I know it won't; Guy Ritchie and his scripters have taken their own path -- it may well be exciting.

After the horrors of TV-into-big-screen movies like "21 Jump Street" (turning a rather grim young cops series into a comedy) and "I Spy" (turning a more realistic-for-the-Sixties take on the spy genre, though with some humor, into a silly mess), I've worried that what we'd get with an U.N.C.L.E. movie would be Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson as bumbling spies, with Kevin James as their donut-munching boss! It looks like we've escaped that.

Time to resurrect this thread!

I'm eager to see:

THE WATER DIVINER (World War I with Russell Crowe)
THE AGE OF ADALINE (girl has accident in 1930s and becomes ageless)
CHILD 44 - (Soviet-era Russia with Tom Hardy)
WOMEN IN GOLD (Helen Mirran recovering her aunt's stolen WW2 art)

Really good list - I added the first and third to my Netflix queue as I hadn't heard of them, but they look interesting.

I sincerely have nothing against Blake Lively, but how did she go from "Gossip Girl" to staring in this movie - kudos to her as it seems a big career jump?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy