Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's something modern you won't miss when it becomes obsolete?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I only want to see them disappear if attractive women are wearing them. :D
:eusa_clap
A girl at my wife's (and now my) bank wears one of those. Oddly enough the girl gets a lot of customers asking for her, or waiting for her to help them. [huh]
BTW Pee-Wee doesn't wear a slim fit suit anymore. It's more like somewhat slim....

HFCS agreed, in fact I'm avoiding a lot of products because of it.

Last edited:

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Definitely. The Pee Wee Herman look needs to go AWAY!

Yeah, I agree 100%. Pee Wee Herman's look fits that character well, but then again he was playing it for comedic effect and meant to look awkward on purpose. I don't understand how anyone could wear these skinny suits today and think they look good. It's just a rehashing of the "mod" suits of the 60s, only they somehow seem much cooler back then than they do this time around. Maybe that has to do with who's wearing them - back then it was our idols, now it's our kids. Big difference.

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
The Youtube comment barbarians. I often find them in the comment section on video's which are music. They always tend to be berating either the video, or other people, in the rudest of manners. If you don't like something, don't watch it.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
The Youtube comment barbarians. I often find them in the comment section on video's which are music. They always tend to be berating either the video, or other people, in the rudest of manners. If you don't like something, don't watch it.

Now that you mention this...I also have wondered about it.

I guess the moderators are very lenient with what is allowed ?

I totally agree with you...

if there's something I don't like...I just pass on.

So for now ...I listen to the music but hardly venture into the "cretin" comment section...:D

Sometimes the comments are more entertaining than the video. Once I was watching a video about Romania during World War II and the comments section was a total and complete flame war between Romanian and Hungarian youTube members. Romania and Hungary had been traditional enemies for centuries. Also entertaining are the comments on videos about football (soccer) and football hooligans.

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
It can be funny when you see things like what you described, but I don't find it very funny when you see people who seem to be trying to start a race riot in the comments. I see plenty of anti-white and anti-black comments on Youtube. Often there are anti-white comments on swing and rockabilly videos, claiming that white people stole their music and such, and in other places you can find anti-black comments. There are also sexist comments, but those don't seem as common, at least not on the videos I tend to watch. Other times, I see psychos talking about rape and murder in the comments. There are plenty of barbarians there, as there seem to be no consequences.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
V. C. Brunswick said:
the comments section was a total and complete flame war between Romanian and Hungarian youTube members.

It can't be worse than flame wars between Greece and Turkey or among the ex-Yugoslavian states.

Many online comment sections are like public toilets without a cleaner. Best to treat them as such... in other words stay far away.

Clever youtube uploaders disable the comment section and ratings in the first place. :p

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Christmas in July! I know it's not new, been around since at least the 60s, mostly mattress sales, but this year, it seams to be all over the TV.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
"Occupy Christmas!"

I actually have as little to do with Christmas as I possibly can -- I only give presents to four people who are sincerely important to me, I don't have a tree, I don't decorate, and I don't go anywhere near any kind of a mall or shopping center. And I refuse to play Christmas walk-in music at the theatre. I don't do this to be Scroogely, I do this because I find the modern celebration of BoysFromMarketingmas to be crass and offensive.

Last edited:
"Occupy Christmas!"

I actually have as little to do with Christmas as I possibly can -- I only give presents to four people who are sincerely important to me, I don't have a tree, I don't decorate, and I don't go anywhere near any kind of a mall or shopping center. And I refuse to play Christmas walk-in music at the theatre. I don't do this to be Scroogely, I do this because I find the modern celebration of BoysFromMarketingmas to be crass and offensive.

Yes! Finally a good use for Occupy. :p

Yeah, I don't do the big Christmas tree aside from the tree and socks by the fireplace. :p Christmas Music for the most part is offensive--Aside from Is That You Santa Claus? :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou