Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your alltime favorite movie?

cloc4.jpg

'And oh my brothers, I was cured'

Regards,

Senator Jack

Zach R.

Practically Family
Maj.Nick Danger said:
Wow! That's harsh. :(
Okay,......*thinking*,......:eusa_doh: ,.......*thinking*,.....:whistling

Okay, got it. "The Lord of the Rings"! It's a state-of-the-art epic saga of good versus evil and all 3 parts make for over 10 hours of movie enjoyment!

Unless you watch the Extended Editions, then it is over 12 hours of PJ/Tolkein Goodness. :cheers1:

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr. 'H' said:
"I wouldn't trade places with Edmund Exley right now for all the whiskey in Ireland".

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
James Cromwell was shopping in my store a couple of weeks ago, and I was tempted to quote LA Confidential to him, but I chickened out!

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
flat-top said:
James Cromwell was shopping in my store a couple of weeks ago, and I was tempted to quote LA Confidential to him, but I chickened out!

Shoulda just said, "That'll do, pig."

Brad

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Funny you should say Highlander

I accidently opened the second page of this thread and thought Highlander might be my choice. When I saw the beginning of the thread I laughed.
I agree about the foreign cut. I saw the movie at the cinema and enjoyed it immensely. I was able to get a Japanese version of it and found it much better.
As a bizarre mental exercise I figured out a screenplay of it if it was made by Warner Bros. in 1946.
I even enjoyed the series and own all the movies.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Magus

Practically Family
Maj.Nick Danger said:
Wow! That's harsh. :(
Okay,......*thinking*,......:eusa_doh: ,.......*thinking*,.....:whistling

Okay, got it. "The Lord of the Rings"! It's a state-of-the-art epic saga of good versus evil and all 3 parts make for over 10 hours of movie enjoyment!

Sorry...but I was curious to see what people would choose if the limitation was placed. (I have a huge list of favs as well... ;-) By the way clever choice! Some friends and I tried to do an extended version marathon viewing...we didn't make it. lol

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Magus said:
Some friends and I tried to do an extended version marathon viewing...we didn't make it. lol

For some reason I have a terribly British voice in the back of my head giving a speech about conserving supplies, taking regular bathroom breaks and not getting excited just because you've got as far as Helm's Deep. The viewers are all in safari suits and hats, but I'm not entirely sure where the Land Rovers are going to fit in yet.

There's a comedy sketch in this somewhere. :cool:

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I didn't think I could just name an overall favorite, but I'd have to say:The Gods Must Be Crazy. So simple and so funny. Especially when the Land Rover is referred to as the 'Anti-Christ.'

Naama

Practically Family
Oh my! That's hard..... But I think it's "Ed Wood".......... Is it? I'm not sure.................. Ah.... Too many good movies out there (well, not as many as crappy ones, but that's another storie)

Naama

nightandthecity

Practically Family
Oh come on...surely NOBODY over 20 has just one favourite movie!

This hurts my brain.

It might be 12 o'Clock High (1949). Certainly my favourite War movie

Magus

Practically Family
The Wolf said:
I accidently opened the second page of this thread and thought Highlander might be my choice. When I saw the beginning of the thread I laughed.
I agree about the foreign cut. I saw the movie at the cinema and enjoyed it immensely. I was able to get a Japanese version of it and found it much better.
As a bizarre mental exercise I figured out a screenplay of it if it was made by Warner Bros. in 1946.
I even enjoyed the series and own all the movies.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

WOOOHOOOO!!!...So...my Favorite movie...is actually "Vintage" as well? who'da thought it! lol

Thanks for the info Wolf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy