Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where's my Cocktail?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Everything is online!

www.vintagecocktails.com

faq1_r1_c2.jpg

LD

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Two that are really nice.

Rouge Gorge - The recipe:

8 parts Cotes du Rhone, 5 parts good quality gin - Tanqueray or Hendricks, 3 parts Cr?®me de Mure. Mix well, and serve slightly chilled in a brandy glass.

Curari Cocktail

2 oz rye whiskey (Old Overholt is best)
3/4 oz Port
3/4 oz Amaro Cora (Cora bitters)
2 dashes orange bitters
Shake in iced cocktail shaker and strain into a cocktail glass.
Garnish with an orange twist

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
Bar Keep,

May I please have 3 fingers of your best scotch, older than me and please, keep them coming until I forget my name....................
It's been a day......................:eek:

Kim_B

Practically Family
Tonight, there is a lovely concoction of white cranberry-strawberry juice and vodka waiting for me when I get home.

I'm ill, I'm exhausted, and quite frankly I don't feel like thinking anymore!

Senator Jack said:
Haw, haw. It's gotta go with SOMETHING! I just tried a simple gin/lemon/chartreuese combo 4:2:1. It still overpowers the drink! (Actually not too bad by the time you get to the second round.)

How about this from my useless knowledge file:
The Byculla Souffl?© - a very Edwardian dish, the pride of the Byculla Club in Bombay; a sweet mousse in which layers of cream are flavoured with different liqueurs - Chartreuese, Benedictine and Maraschino - and set with gelatine. Since the Byculla Club ceased to exist in 1920, to the best of my knowledge so did the Byculla Souffl?©.

You can always get the cat to make you one. ;) :p

Regards,

J

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Oh, you guys and gals, making me miss San Diego and the oyster shooters I used to down at the Fishmart.

And, here in Iowa, if I want a decent martini, I have to tell the bartender exactly how I want it: extra dry gin, ice cold, a spritz of extra dry vermouth, shaken not stirred, and four olives.

One restaurant gets it right. I still make them better, though.

karol

Mojito

One Too Many
The price of limes has come down in Sydney! Hurrah! I can now use quantities of fresh juice instead of frozen (or - shudder - pre-squeezed and packaged).

We've had a couple of very hot days down here lately, so one of my favourite tall drinks is a modified White Lady, using lime instead of lemon and adding soda water:

1 part lime juice
1 part Cointreau
2 parts gin
Dash egg white
Top up with soda water.

Very refereshing on a long hot afternoon.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass