Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who does BPAL?

Lotta Little

One of the Regulars
Just got my first order of "imps" today, although I didn't like any of them! Gave me an excuse to order more. My freebie was "Block Buster," which smells like apple cider. I think my light bulbs will wear it before I will. My search continues for a new signature scent...

Tourbillion

Practically Family
I've tried a bunch of imps, but haven't found anything I really like.

I really want to like them, since they have such great descriptions, but I guess I am just a perfume snob. :p

rosierawhyde

New in Town
What does everyone do with the imps they dont like? I end up either swapping with friends or putting a couple on EBay. I got a oackage of some from a friend in Las Vegas. I am wearing Death Cap:--A lethal poison bundled up in a dainty, innocent little package that was oft times found in ancient witches’ flying ointments and astral projection balms. A warm, soft, ruddy scent, earthy and mild.

Its so strange because its actually kind of sweet. Almost vanilla-y

Goldfish

A-List Customer
rosierawhyde said:
I have about 3 other ladies that will go in on an order with me and we have lovely wine parties where we read the description and open them up and let everyone smell them. Of course sometimes they change once you put them on, its still lots of fun.

That sounds GREAT. I need to get me some friends like that, but I think most of the women my age are not interested in perfumes like BPAL. Not that there are many women I can share my other interests with :rolleyes:
Sorry, I'm just a little envious of your wine & bpal parties and felt the need to rant :p

I can't wait to recieve my first imps.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
For the ladies who've tried some imps and not liked them, why don't you post what kind of scents(floral, spicey, musk, foodie or maybe single notes) you normally like and maybe we can suggest some.

shamrocq

New in Town
I've been introduce to BPAL last April. Unfortunately I haven't receive my package yet. Guess I have to be more patient. I placed the order in mid April. Wishing I could join in those yummy talk about it soon.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
shamrocq said:
I've been introduce to BPAL last April. Unfortunately I haven't receive my package yet. Guess I have to be more patient. I placed the order in mid April. Wishing I could join in those yummy talk about it soon.
You need to contact them if you place your order 2 months ago. They usually take 2-3wks.

shamrocq

New in Town
Thanks Kamikat. I saw a thread in their forum under the BPAL Announcement section. It says 'Packed through April 13'. I ordered on April 15. So I thought mine are still not processed. May I ask whom should I contact? Their direct email or should I seek some of the moderators in the forum. Some of them seemed like inactive already. Thank you very much

imabarbedoll

New in Town
I love them, been an addict for 4 yrs now.

My faves are Honey Moon, Snow Moon and Flower Moon. All limited editions and I can't get anymore.

I have so many that I love or want to try its ridiculous!

Christy

One of the Regulars
Oh my goodness, I shouldn't have opened this thread! Now that I have read all of the posts and visited the website, I really want to place an order! I agree that the website is a little overwhelming but the search is really helpful. I'm finding even if I'm not fond of the fragrance I still want it because they describe it so well. Maybe I'll place an order next week.

Christy

One of the Regulars
Well, I didn't wait until next week, I placed an order for 6 imps today.

I ordered Dee and Villain for my fiance, and Bordello, Dana O'Shee, Marie, and 2 5 & 7. I'll let you all know what I think of them when I get them. :)

zendy

A-List Customer
I shouldn't have either. As soon as I saw that they had a whole Wonderland section, the credit card came out. If only
I wasn't so obsessed with that book.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
zendy said:
I shouldn't have either. As soon as I saw that they had a whole Wonderland section, the credit card came out. If only
I wasn't so obsessed with that book.
I have Caterpillar and it's lovely. I haven't explored Mad Tea Party too much. I tend to stick to Wanderlust and Illyria.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Christy said:
Well, I didn't wait until next week, I placed an order for 6 imps today.

I ordered Dee and Villain for my fiance, and Bordello, Dana O'Shee, Marie, and 2 5 & 7. I'll let you all know what I think of them when I get them. :)
Villain is a good men's scent. You'll be happy with it.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
The best thing about BPAL is the free samples. I recently bought a 5ml of Othello and got 2 free imps. I'm now totally in love with Queen of Sheeba. I would not have bought it based on the description because it mentioned honeyed almonds. I don't like anything sweet or foody, but once it dries there is no hint of almond, just pure spicey musky loveliness.

zendy

A-List Customer
Joining the ranks

I just go my first shipment of 6 imps and 2 free samples!
My favorite is March Hair. It smelled so good I put it on right away. The samples they sent me were Eclipse which smells sickly sweet(I'll be giving it away) and I Died for Beauty, which has a very nice scent. Luckily every one I ordered has a great smell and I can't wait to try them out. I think I might be hooked ;)

Lotta Little

One of the Regulars
Ok, I went back for another round of BPAL and this time I think I got it! My new signature scent is my own mix--one big bottle of Black Dahlia with an imp of Hell's Belle mixed in. I also tried a few of the Dragon's Blood mixes in imp sizes and they were nice, too. So, I may be a BPAL convert after all...

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
zendy said:
I just go my first shipment of 6 imps and 2 free samples!
My favorite is March Hair. It smelled so good I put it on right away. The samples they sent me were Eclipse which smells sickly sweet(I'll be giving it away) and I Died for Beauty, which has a very nice scent. Luckily every one I ordered has a great smell and I can't wait to try them out. I think I might be hooked ;)
Have you tried the Eclipse on? You might be surprised. I haven't tried it, but I make sure to try all my imps and free samples at least once. Also, try adding a drop to a light bulb for a room scent. I have found some great room scents that smell awful on my skin but work great on a light bulb. The thing with BPAL is that sometimes the dry scent smell completely different than the wet scent, which is why I always wear a new one for a few hours before deciding I don't like it.

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
Tourbillion said:
I've tried a bunch of imps, but haven't found anything I really like.

I really want to like them, since they have such great descriptions, but I guess I am just a perfume snob. :p

I had the same experience. :( Not only did I not care for any of the imps I bought, but the smell was *really* strong, to the point where I could smell it before I even opened the vial. I love perfume and don't get put off easily by strong scents, but these were too much for me. One positive thing I remember about them is that the scents were very long-lasting. Oh, and their website is a lot of fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner