Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why do I hate the 1970s so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarah smith

New in Town
You know, 40 years is a long time to hold hate in. Maybe everyone should just let it go.

But good news... in just 60 short years, you can hate the 70's all over again...

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Cross Pollination

I remember back in 1986 my friends Dad had a 1971 Mercury Montego. A fine automobile if there ever was one. His Dad parked the car in the driveway and kept a spare key hidden under the hood insulation. So, we will call him Boris, slept in the bedroom that was located behind the garage and his son, we'll call him Bullwinkle, slept in the bedroom in front of the house. So Bullwinkle would climb out of his bedroom window around midnight-1 a.m. carefully lift the hood of the Montego and get the key. Then he would slowly lower the hood, but not shut it all the way so as not to awaken Boris. He would then place the Mercury in neutral and push it out of the cul-de-sac in which they lived and onto the connector street. I lived on the connector street. Then Bullwinkle would shut the hood and start up the Mercury. He'd burn gears all the way down the street; he'd start in low, drop it into second then drop it into drive. He'd take that car all over this town and the next three towns, for a couple hours, put gas right up to the level when he commandeered the car and push it back into the driveway.
lol lol lol lol lol

J.S.Udontknowme

A-List Customer
jamespowers said:
Ok, but all three of you put together couldn't hate the 80s more than I hate the 60s---the hippie nexus. :eusa_doh: :rage: 60s=hate the 70s x 10. :D
At least the 80s didn't have nehru jackets. :eusa_doh:

I saw more drugs and hippies in the 60s than I did in the 70s. The 70s were pretty good here. I don't really hate the 80s, I just like the 60s and 70s more.

J.S.Udontknowme

A-List Customer
jamespowers said:
They are not extinct. I'll ship you a dozen if you want to breed them. Then you'll see both at the same time real soon. :eek: :eusa_doh: :p
Just be happy you are in a hippie free zone. ;)

Regards,

J

They must be a protected species out there. lol

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
The General Motors diesel engines. :eek: :eek: My goodness, take a small block 350 and convert it to a diesel.:eusa_doh: What Ivy League engineer thought that brainstormer??????:rage:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes