Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why do I hate the 1970s so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
HadleyH said:
I can't believe she hasnt been mentioned yet or has she?... Farah Fawcett and her hairstyle!... I mean, the 70s without her is inconceivable! LOL

377744328_7241c21961.jpg

About the only good thing I find about the 70's. Thanks Hadley.:D

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Forgotten Man said:
Carter was full of beans! Don Knotts is my hero! There needs to be more Don Knotts in the world! Sure would be a nicer place.
I just meant the leisure suited character of Mr.Furley, of course. I've enjoyed laughing at Don Knotts since I was a kid (and that was a loooong time ago). Oh, and I think it was peanuts, not beans.

Talbot

One Too Many
Sefton said:
It's always amused me how much of an hippy icon status R.Crumb had despite the fact that he hated rock music and he spent just as much time and energy crafting brutal satires of the hippy lifestyle as he did the so-called "straights". He didn't mind the fawning attentions of young hippy girls, of course. My current favorite Crumb quote: "Your zest for life appalls me". Brilliant guy.

Didn't he draw the picture of the young lady getting on the bus, and I wont reproduce it here, 'you're such a creep ant nee"...." come on loretta.........."

To this day, when anyone gets out of line, my buddies say, 'your such a creep ant nee'

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Talbot said:
Didn't he draw the picture of the young lady getting on the bus, and I wont reproduce it here, 'you're such a creep ant nee"...." come on loretta.........."

To this day, when anyone gets out of line, my buddies say, 'your such a creep ant nee'
I'm not sure which one you're referring to. Can you PM me the image or a link?
Possibly one of the greatest things about Crumb is his honesty and his willingness to offend anyone. He levels his pen at everyone, including himself.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Marc hit that nail square on the head. I am proud to say that not one inch of Kansas did I give up to the NVA or the VC.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
R. Crumb and the vintage genesis!

Sefton said:
It's always amused me how much of an hippy icon status R.Crumb had despite the fact that he hated rock music and he spent just as much time and energy crafting brutal satires of the hippy lifestyle as he did the so-called "straights". He didn't mind the fawning attentions of young hippy girls, of course. My current favorite Crumb quote: "Your zest for life appalls me". Brilliant guy.
R. Crumb was a member of the very first vintage -dressed retro band, the Cheap Suit Serenaders. They all wore 1920s and 30s vintage onstage.
sm_cover3.jpg

For those of you in the Bay Area, who know him, Jon Lundberg of Lundberg Haberdashery fame, is an original member.
Cheap Suit is actually playing around now and then, reviving a revival!

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
Today it is velour jogging outfits without the jogging...

I sat on the plane next to a sweaty, fat man wearing cheap cologne and a velour jogging suit. On the flight back home he was on the same flight but in a different jogging suit. Thank God he didn't sit next to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner