Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why you love Bomber Jackets. (its bomber jacket season again!)

B-24J

One of the Regulars
FL Repro Irvin Posts

Mine was also puberty stage. Age 13 or 14 I would browse through the mail order catalogue called Exchange & Mart - it had everything. I was looking for bowie knives and similar, but every issue they had these leather jackets with fur collars. I know realise they were Irvins, but they also had Schott ones I recall - perhaps they were the motorcycle cop ones.

We couldn't afford them then, but boy did I want one. In my early 20's I bought an inexpensive fashion jacket (ie in the style of a flying jacket, but not trying to be authentic). This was stolen by a tramp when I was moving house 20 years ago. I then treated myself to a G1 from a shop in Paris - nothing special, just a shop sellin all styles of leather jackets. Its also a fashion one as the maker is "Harry Layne", but I can't find out any other information - Its the one in my avatar pic.

Now that I have had th mid-life crisis and both the open top sports car, I feel its time to indulge into a Irvin - can't decide between Eastman and Cirrus.

Please check out the Lounge's Rerpo Irvin Posts: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?35314-ALL-REPRO-R.A.F.-Irvin-type-jackets

The time spent will be well worth it!!

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters