Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wifebeaters?

Men: Do you wear a so-called "wifebeater" regularly?

• Yes - of course! Just like my father did.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eww.... not for me.

• Sometimes I do, depending.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Martini Slayer

New in Town
You fellas sure know how to make a gal feel welcome... Thanks for the "brownie points"!

Hehehee.. Ok, so on my next romantic getaway, It's "curlers" and wifebeaters..

I can't believe I just wrote that.. :p

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Martini Slayer said:
Umm.. Ok.. Here's the rest of me.. Taken from that same photo session

145054527_3081c0e9b1.jpg

It's an Ava Garderner studio promo shot repro :D

I'm not too bad looking... But still.. Curlers?? :p Hehee..

"I'm not too bad looking..." ??

You are far too modest. A lovely lady of timeless elegance to be sure! Terrific photo.

Martini Slayer

New in Town
Thank you very, very much! That pic was taken by the very talented Reggie Allen.. aka "Mr Swank".. He is a very good vintage photographer, and can honestly make a burlap sack look sexy..

Hehee!

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
dr greg said:
On this side of the Pacific, the expression is "light in the slipper" not to be confused with "a touch of the slipper" which refers to kicking your opponent when he is on the ground.

We say, perhaps less ironically, "putting the leather in" or "putting the boots to 'em".

When someone is down is the best time to kick them, you don't have to lift your foot so high. lol

AdmiralTofu

One of the Regulars
Okay, since the thread is being bumped anyway... :p

Hemingway Jones said:
There is nothing that looks worse than a white dress shirt with no T-shirt underneath; you see that pinkish hue of skin showing through. A white T-shirt makes the shirt look deep white and is itself unseen.

Perfect example:
friday_shirt.jpg

-Tofu

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
scotrace said:

I didn't read the whole thread. Not sure if this has been brought up. But I wonder what that logo on the t-shirt was. I have read that the first printed t-shirt came from wwII some military unit that began doing it. But I never believe simple origin stories like that. I would like to know who put the original printed item on an undershirt.

I would also love to know what that design in the photo was and reproduce it and wear it. But I would have to find avintage t-shirt or close in style.

For the record, I have always been the slightest bit uncomfortable with the term, not because of any ethnic connotation, but because it makes light of domestic abuse. But I have and do use the term anyway.

VIntge t-shirts and sleevless undershirts are cut and look way cooler than what you get today.

I rarely wear them because they make me a little too hot under my shirt. But if you have a light thin shirt, they are a must.

I also do like the look Chicanos wear or used to wear wht the vintage slacks, thin belt and wifebeater. Looks very cool. And I also like the look of one under a light weight tropical type casual shirt that is rather see through and you can see it underneath.

Don't much care for it with a slovenly guy with a beer gut and jeans. But to each his own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran