Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot review

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
I took a peek at the Danner website, Didn't see anything similar to the wolverine 1K..might have missed it. They Krause were a bit pricey, but... They are the newest edition from wolverine, the originals can be found for about $100 less then when first released... I am enjoying them, and The style works for me.

I thought this would be a good place to share.

I had a pair of regular ol'e Wolverine work boots (Harrison model for those who are interested) and the scree collar separated from the boot so I sent them back for warranty replacement. I received the replacement pair of boots and with a look of shock on my face :eeek: when I opened the box, I found these.

2013-04-03+17.51.08.jpg

Wolverine 1000 Mile Austin boots in my size!

I called Wovlerine and they said it was definitely a mistake that I received them, but they would not make me send them back. I have to agree with other posts that there seems to be a lot of room in the heel area, but to get a pair of boots that MSRP for $445 for essentially free, I'm not complaining! now it's time to start breaking them in.

I've had my share of danners and redwings, but I don't remember ever having a pair that had leather that even comes close to these, the feel... the smell... I can't wait to wear 'em out on the town!

mattface

Practically Family
Delivery took a little longer than expected, but these showed up on my doorstep this morning! Wolverine 1000 Mile Krause Boots in Black...Stuck my feet in em and headed outside to play..

the Boots feel great, look great...Home run!

Boyo you and I apparently have similar tastes. I've always been enamored of the 1000 miles, but I especially like a cap toe.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Even with my well known aversion to 'work look' boots you gotta admit they are a great looking and feeling boot. I have never read a bad review so far on any forum.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I thought this would be a good place to share.

I had a pair of regular ol'e Wolverine work boots (Harrison model for those who are interested) and the scree collar separated from the boot so I sent them back for warranty replacement. I received the replacement pair of boots and with a look of shock on my face :eeek: when I opened the box, I found these.

2013-04-03+17.51.08.jpg

Wolverine 1000 Mile Austin boots in my size!

I called Wovlerine and they said it was definitely a mistake that I received them, but they would not make me send them back. I have to agree with other posts that there seems to be a lot of room in the heel area, but to get a pair of boots that MSRP for $445 for essentially free, I'm not complaining! now it's time to start breaking them in.

I've had my share of danners and redwings, but I don't remember ever having a pair that had leather that even comes close to these, the feel... the smell... I can't wait to wear 'em out on the town!
You made out like a bandit on those...really lucky you!

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Boyo you and I apparently have similar tastes. I've always been enamored of the 1000 miles, but I especially like a cap toe.

If your in the market for a pair, I highly recommend them..eBay has a lot for sale and at pretty good prices too.
Heed the sizing down recommendation though.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
These Wolverine 1000 mile Addisons just came in from Sierra Trading Post. They're seconds that were heavily marked down. Thanks to Bruce Wayne from this forum for posting the link.
All in all these are some really nice boots. Compared to the Thorogood horsehide boots I have these are much sleeker, a bit more fitted in the ankle/heel area and of course these have a leather sole instead of a synthetic sole. My wife wasn't too impressed. I think she feels the contrasting leather is a bit clownish but hopefully they'll grow on her as I like them.

IMG_7471.JPG

IMG_7472.JPG

IMG_7473.JPG

IMG_7474.JPG

IMG_7475.JPG

IMG_7477.JPG

The reason these are 2nds
IMG_7478.JPG

IMG_7480.JPG

winterland1

Practically Family
Nice boots. If you like the 2 tone then it's all good. I did not know about this sale and purchase from Sierra often. I am temped to get the black 2 tone like yours. The only ones in my size. I am looking for a rubber sole though. I could always color the light colored part if I didn't like it. You too. Great price.
For those who haven't shopped Sierra Trading Post here is link to $10 off. http://alturl.com/rcipc
A link to the sale Wolverine 1000 mile boots and shoes also. You don't see them on sale often. 2nds or not.
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/s~wolverine/shoes~d~4/mens-footwear~d~11/

casechopper

After a few days use I gave them a couple heavy coats of Obenauf LP. Here's a before after shot with one boot oiled and the other as it was on arrival (the darker one is the oiled one)
IMG_7940.JPG

IMG_7941.JPG

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Hmmm two-tone boots. Not sure about that. But if you like em that's all that matters... not all (ahem she does have marital veto I suppose), but most of what matters... enjoy! Certainly look interesting.

Worf

Simonds

Vendor
Cool production vid thought I would share.

[video=youtube_share;rGeT0Kn1BYI]http://youtu.be/rGeT0Kn1BYI[/video]

After a few days use I gave them a couple heavy coats of Obenauf LP. Here's a before after shot with one boot oiled and the other as it was on arrival (the darker one is the oiled one)
IMG_7940.JPG

IMG_7941.JPG

I own a pair of brown leather 1000 Milers and love them - good straight-forward workhorse of a boot. I was mixed on your two-tone until you darkened them up. That both softened the contrast in the two leathers and took a touch of the yellow out of the lighter leather, which - IMHO - really makes them look better. Nice job. Enjoy the boots.

casechopper

Thanks fading fast. The boots have lightened a bit with use as the oil dries back out. The two tone look is a bit out of the normal but that can be a good thing some times.

Thanks fading fast. The boots have lightened a bit with use as the oil dries back out. The two tone look is a bit out of the normal but that can be a good thing some times.

Agreed, you need some items in your wardrobe that stand out, look one-off, aren't the same as the next guy's - it gives you personal style. Enjoy them - they look great.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran