Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot review

Edward

Bartender
After a few days use I gave them a couple heavy coats of Obenauf LP. Here's a before after shot with one boot oiled and the other as it was on arrival (the darker one is the oiled one)
IMG_7940.JPG

IMG_7941.JPG

Those I do like. Look like (depending on how light the lighter panels are) a great boot for Summer, at least, or year round.

I just found out they are making the Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot here in my hometown.
Pretty cool.
Very cool! Outlet store???

Ha, that's exactly where my mind went too! Mind you, I am planning to take a "holiday" in Northampton some year, purely to trawl round all the factory outlets there....

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
They're not lined so they work well for summer. For winter they're fine as long as it isn't too cold and there isn't any ice/snow. Ice and snow demand a rubber sole IMO.

LouisBailie

Banned
You guys might want to jump on the current sale at Ruze Shoes $164.99 for $380 Wolverine 100 Addision 2 tone Black and Tan boots. Lots of sizes left after I just bought a pair.

I just got my Krause boots, and after a full day of wear they are great!!!! my feet felt good all day. Happy Happy.

LouisBailie

Banned
Did you guys or are you guys paying more than $300 for the NIB Krause boots?

I just got some addision and std tan 1000s for $165 and $185, delivered also.

Looking for a pair of 744 in 11D if anyone has a pair they want to sell

LouisBailie

Banned
You guys might want to jump on the current sale at Ruze Shoes $164.99 for $380 Wolverine 100 Addision 2 tone Black and Tan boots. Lots of sizes left after I just bought a pair.

Alas they caught the mistake and raised them back up to 229.95. They also had some of the very rare blue and tan Addisons for the few that got in on the sale.

bl@ster

One of the Regulars
Picked up a pair of the new Wolverine "McClean" boots -- basically the 1000 Mile but with a cap-toe. Here are pics:

8f703a68_new_stuff_05.jpeg

9303ba33_new_stuff_06.jpeg

de1a02c1_new_stuff_07.jpeg

^^ Those are nice! Are they the standard fit?
Wow, just saw they are on sale @ Nordstrom- $219.

Last edited:

SteveAS

Practically Family
I recently had a good warranty experience with Wolverine. After about a year and a lot of walking, the sole of my 1,000 Mile Krause boots separated near the left toe. I contacted Wolverine about re-soling options. It turns out they don't re-sole boots, but they sent me a new pair under warranty.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
They opened a Wolverine store in Bristol which appeared to sell very few boots / shoes by Wolverine & lots of IMHO cheap brands. Went passed there today & it had closed down...can't say I'm surprised!!

DesertDan

One Too Many
Those two-tone Addison wingtips are beautiful, I know what my next pair of boots is going to be (provided they offer them in my size).

I just got a pair of those McCleans. They are very similar to the Krause, which is what I was hoping for except in brown. I don't understand the rust color myself. At first glance, I really like them!
I wish they'd used brown stitching instead of white! The other noticeable difference is the welt. The Krause has a full on Goodyear welt all around the sole. These McCleans don't have that. We'll see how they wear.

Last edited:

Moonshine

New in Town
Got some new Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison boots today! Glad to have another pair and looking forward to getting some wear on these! I was initially worried the 2-tone would be “too much” but so far so good!

Fifty150

One Too Many
I just bought these.

1697231164147.png

There is a coupon code. IXMEPFRR

Screenshot 2023-10-13 13.34.13.png

Screenshot 2023-10-13 13.34.54.png
Screenshot 2023-10-13 13.35.05.png

A good opportunity to get the Wolverine version of the Alden Indy Boot in Lux Leather. What is Lux Leather?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo