Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Women's leather jackets

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Schott is discontinuing the coolest Perfecto on the market, which is a women’s model, judging by the fact that it’s on clearance at half off.
is it part of degenderizing pressure of stupid world we currently living? maybe male jacket would have shortish sleeve and more room on the chest to accommodate curvy(fat) female figure and any colors of the rainbow in between. :Do_O

Edward

Bartender
Schott is discontinuing the coolest Perfecto on the market, which is a women’s model, judging by the fact that it’s on clearance at half off.

Which one is that? They have some nice options on there, though we only seem to see the lambskin ones over here that always seem overly fragile to me.

is it part of degenderizing pressure of stupid world we currently living? maybe male jacket would have shortish sleeve and more room on the chest to accommodate curvy(fat) female figure and any colors of the rainbow in between. :Do_O

More likely fashion is simply moving on.

Not that anyone would be the first lady to adopt a "male" Perfecto and wear it better than many of the men - Joan Jett has been doing just that for decades now.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
just pencil drawing slight nsfw but its just a drawing with no specific reference hope its ok

Bartender Edit: Sorry, folks - we really do like to keep it 'family friendly' on TFL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Which one is that? They have some nice options on there, though we only seem to see the lambskin ones over here that always seem overly fragile to me.

Black steerhide Perfecto with a beautiful fringe and other western details including a tooled belt buckle.

Edward

Bartender
Black steerhide Perfecto with a beautiful fringe and other western details including a tooled belt buckle.

That one I've not seen. Sounds interesting - though other than when I was dressed as Doctor Frank'n'Furter, I never did care for fringing.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
just pencil drawing slight nsfw but its just a drawing with no specific reference hope its ok

Bartender Edit: Sorry, folks - we really do like to keep it 'family friendly' on TFL.
sorry about that, here is a finished version
web-new-format-leather-jacket.jpg

Aloysius

That one I've not seen. Sounds interesting - though other than when I was dressed as Doctor Frank'n'Furter, I never did care for fringing.

I’m not usually fond of fringing but the design details of this jacket are fantastic.

510F2A99-A378-4E3E-96D1-AB0482C4F6AD.jpeg

303E8CC3-47A3-46E5-BA64-9584FC9205B7.jpeg

I think the glossy quality of this steerhide helps a lot. It’s the same reason I think the fringed Lewis jackets look fantastic whilst the Aero Virginian misses the mark with its more lux-looking leather. The sheen really allows each fringe to catch the light and form a sort of spectrum when taken together.
DC6591C8-55E4-4CF9-8E84-96A5A6331B97.jpeg

The engraved western belt is also far more interesting than the belts on most motorcycle jackets. The whole look ends up being a very successful mash-up of western jacket and Perfecto.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I’m not usually fond of fringing but the design details of this jacket are fantastic.

View attachment 497995
View attachment 497999
I think the glossy quality of this steerhide helps a lot. It’s the same reason I think the fringed Lewis jackets look fantastic whilst the Aero Virginian misses the mark with its more lux-looking leather. The sheen really allows each fringe to catch the light and form a sort of spectrum when taken together.
View attachment 498001

The engraved western belt is also far more interesting than the belts on most motorcycle jackets. The whole look ends up being a very successful mash-up of western jacket and Perfecto.
maybe there is a synergy between fringed jacket + long hair + the wind regardless of gender, maybe that's why it looks good on women with mostly long hair, and natives or biker with longer hair, I imagine if the woman is wearing her hair cropped like annie lenox or marie fredriksson then it won't have the same effect

Aloysius

maybe there is a synergy between fringed jacket + long hair + the wind regardless of gender, maybe that's why it looks good on women with mostly long hair, and natives or biker with longer hair, I imagine if the woman is wearing her hair cropped like annie lenox or marie fredriksson then it won't have the same effect

I disagree. I’ve seen men with short hair with fringed motorcycle jackets (including recently that Taiwanese man with the custom fringed Lewis Lightning). Looks fantastic.

Edward

Bartender

View attachment 498001

Oh, now I do like the Western details, those give it a nice rockabilly edge that I've never seen on anything else. And from experience, a pair of scissors would soon sort out those tassels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW